Anthony Johnson vs. Charlie Brenneman
    Matt Wiman vs. Mac Danzig
    Yves Edwards vs. Rafaello Oliveira
    Paul Sass vs. Michael Johnson
    Mike Easton vs. Jeff Hougland
    T.J. Grant vs. Shane Roller
    Josh Neer vs. Keith Wisniewski
    Walel Watson vs. Joseph Sandoval

Good to see Yves Edwards is still alive. I gotta pick Sass by Sassangle over Michael Johnson. Sass hasn't fought since October 16, 2010 and I don't really see any reason for the lack of activity....him vs any of the Diaz brothers would be awesome. Josh Neer back in the UFC since Oct. 24, 2009 and compiling a 6-1 record.

Who are you guys picking?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2011 9:19am

Style: Keyboard Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have to agree with you on Paul Sass. This person is the living embodiment of what it means to be dangerous off your back. I have no idea who else to pick but am interested in watching. Nice to see the UFC is putting a title defense or two on TV for free.

Posted On:
    9/28/2011 10:24am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Barry over Struve via Struve not knowing how to defend with anything other than his face.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2011 10:31pm

Style: Issh"i"nryu fixed....

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is one I'm going to skip. I don't really care much for the Bantam weights, but I think its rediculous that Cruz's first defense is a free event, and so close to him winning it in the first place. Cain still hasn't defended his, and still has a while before he has to, and if he wins it'll be another 14 or months until he defends it again. I bet after this one, Cruz defends his title twice in between each HW title fight, at minimum.

Anway, I can't excited about a guy who could land 500 punches and not get a single knockdown. Yeah, the little guys are fast O_O In the words of Garfield, ♫big fat hairyyy deal♪

Struve and Barry should be good until one of them lands something. Should make for a funny KO at least.

Micheal Johnson ZzZzZzZz

Wiman and Danzig ZzZzZzZz

Roller's a finisher I guess, he might put on a show.

The Brenneman Johnson fight will probably be the highlight of the night. I may tune in just for that.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    9/29/2011 9:18am

supporting member
     Style: Getting fat.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dominick Cruz vs. Demetrious Johnson - Outclassed
    Stefan Struve vs. Pat Barry - Cause WAR BARRY

Can't wait for Stefan Struve vs. Pat Barry, the range and height differences etc.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/29/2011 12:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can't wait for Stefan Struve vs. Pat Barry, the range and height differences etc.
    Reminds me of Igor Vovchanchyn vs. Paul Varelans. A stocky striker fighting someone a foot taller than himself:

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/29/2011 1:08pm

supporting member
     Style: belt and jacket wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would love to see Pat Barry win, mostly because he seems like a decent dude, but who knows... His ground is notoriously suspect, and Struve has a pretty decent understanding of basic BJJ.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2011 2:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    Reminds me of Igor Vovchanchyn vs. Paul Varelans. A stocky striker fighting someone a foot taller than himself:

I remember him fighting Cal Worsham and getting tore up and damn near KOd. That big bastard always had trouble with little guys, and only won off his sheer size.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2011 3:03pm

Style: Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Super8astard View Post
    Anway, I can't excited about a guy who could land 500 punches and not get a single knockdown.
    Not only does Cruz put on exciting fights but both fighters have KO, TKO, and submission wins...
    Dominick Cruz vs. Demetrious Johnson
    By TKO or brutal 5 round dominance
    Stefan Struve vs. Pat Barry
    via awesome kickboxing
    Anthony Johnson vs. Charlie Brenneman
    Probably decision throw some strikes--> wrestlefuck
    Matt Wiman vs. Mac Danzig
    Yves Edwards vs. Rafaello Oliveira

Going to this, excited to see the Barry/Struve height difference in person haha

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2011 3:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bctheory View Post
    Not only does Cruz put on exciting fights but both fighters have KO, TKO, and submission wins...
    So does GSP. The last time Cruz got a TKO was when Bowles broke his hand. Before that, it was 2006, thats for his last sub win as well, and this guy fights like every other weekend. I don't know what to count the illegal knee win as, never seen that happen before or since... Credit where it's due, he fights hard and he fights often. But exciting is matter of opinion. It takes more than just being active for me, as the super fast guys tend to ignore quality for quantity. Slop is slop, whether it's HW's throwing their huge 1 punch combos, or little guys flailing around. As for Johnson, I know he has 2 KOs, but I've never even seen footage of them. Admitedly all I've seen of him are his few WEC fights and 2 in the UFC. One guily and four decisions in 5 fights does not a finisher make.

I know I'm generalizing there, but I'm not impressed with either of their performance. I'm all but certain it will go the full 5, Cruz will win, and it will be obvious he was fighting for points. If I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it, but neither guy is fun to watch imo.
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast