Administrator

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 10:16am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HapkiUSA View Post
    Doesn't sound like a McDojang to me. But I will say this.. our kids KICK ASS. Kids that stick with our program learn proper nutrition, (foods like soda and fast food are strictly forbidden and considered contraband), loose weight, go off of medications like Ritalin and others, improve grades in school and learn over all balance. Believe it or not our kids spar... a lot! Sweeps, grappling, amazing kicks.. you name it. And I have personally watched some of them go from soft cryers or bullies, to balanced, calm young adults. A great observation about kids vs adults training.. Kids get up EARLY in the morning, sit stiffly in a chair all day in school, get mediocre gym class, eat lunch way too early like 10:30 or 11am and when they arrive at the dojang they have already had a full day and are low on bloodsugar. Ours get a chance to eat an organic snack with water or juice.. then it's on to class and believe it or not they can be pushed harder and for longer than the adults who complain about popping bones and being old and tired. lol And at the end of the day not only are the kids smiling ear to ear, but they don't want to go home! Black belt is achieved in 3-5 years with committed attendance and practice for both adults and kids so it's hard work and nothing is given to you. But if an instructor is clever then they can hide the repetition and work of training inside some fun!
    You sir, sound like a douchebag.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 2:59pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    You sir, sound like a douchebag.
    lol If I sound like a girl, it's because I am one. And a mom too. And I am willing to pay top dollar to a good martial arts studio that can bring out the best in me and my kid. So fart off with your douchebagery Taco Supreme!

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 3:12pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol If I sound like a girl, it's because I am one. And a mom too. And I am willing to pay top dollar to a good martial arts studio that can bring out the best in me and my kid. So fart off with your douchebagery Taco Supreme!
    You Miss, sound like a douchebag. This "Taco Supreme" will drop you on your ass so fee free to go **** yourself.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/01/2012 9:38am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And I am willing to pay top dollar to a good martial arts studio that can bring out the best in me and my kid.
    You know what I've found? In Martial Arts, people that "pay top dollar" tend to be in the most McDojoish and cultish systems.
    It's funny because these same people spend hundreds of dollars a month for schooling. Then they scoff at a MMA schools that charges a flat $120-$140 a month with no hidden fees.

Yes, I know sport vs street, Self defense, gender, and any other excuses are included as well.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/01/2012 9:47am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    You know what I've found? In Martial Arts, people that "pay top dollar" tend to be in the most McDojoish and cultish systems.
    It's funny because these same people spend hundreds of dollars a month for schooling. Then they scoff at a MMA schools that charges a flat $120-$140 a month with no hidden fees.

Yes, I know sport vs street, Self defense, gender, and any other excuses are included as well.
    Well said. I agree. :) Thats just my way of saying I care a lot about my kid and the training he gets. Our school can be flexible with the pay scale and will often price match other programs.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/01/2012 10:09am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You have test fees right?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/01/2012 10:26am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You have test fees right?
    It depends on how long you sign a contract for and the personal situation of the family. The three year Black-belt program, no fees. Month-to-month, testing fees. There are exceptions because we don't want to loose students to their financial situation. Some of the testing fees are costs passed along to us from Korea. We get charged for having the IHF certify our students.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/01/2012 10:29am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep. Exactly what I thought.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/01/2012 10:33am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep. Exactly what I thought.
    If you sign for the three year it's easier to absorb the fees from the IHF up to the first dan. After that, fees kick in for you.
    It is what it is. :) I don't feel nickel and dimed though. :)

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/01/2012 10:36am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you sign for the three year it's easier to absorb the fees from the IHF up to the first dan. After that, fees kick in for you.
    It is what it is. :) I don't feel nickel and dimed though. :)
    That's because you've drunk from the kool aide. Your next step is to shave your head and dance around with a tambourine. Way to go mom!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast