--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Best Places learn Boxing in Vancouver?

I've done kickboxing and muay thai before, but I want to get REALLY good at boxing.

What are the best places to go in Vancouver? I've narrowed it down to Sugarray's, Contenders, the Astoria, and Westside Kickboxing.

Any opinions on any of those clubs at all will help a lot! Thanks!

Style
    Weight Training
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Moved from Combat Sports School, Gym, or Club Reviews
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Best Places to learn Boxing/Kickboxing in Vancouver?

What are the best places to go in Vancouver? I've narrowed it down to Sugarray's, Contenders, the Astoria, and Westside Kickboxing.

Any advice will help a lot! Thanks!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Best Places to learn Boxing/Kickboxing in Vancouver?

What are the best places to go in Vancouver? I've narrowed it down to Sugarray's, Contenders, the Astoria, and Westside Kickboxing. I want to eventually compete.

Any opinions on any of those clubs or other recommendations at all will help a lot! Thanks!

Style
    Weight Training
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't crosspost, one thread is enough.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Style
    Krav Maga
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I train at Tactix Gym http://www.tactixgym.com/ They have a good kickboxing and MMA program. Great conditioning classes too. They don't teach boxing though.

Style
    JKD, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I've heard good things about Griffin's in North Vancouver.

Look, as with any art, you need to go to the gym yourself. You need to take a class and evaluate -- from within your needs -- what you think of each place yourself.

But if you find you're really happy and comfortable with the first place you go to, stick with it
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Style
    ex-Chunner, Kickboxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tony Pep boxing in New West, maybe

Style
    Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Khial View Post
    I've done kickboxing and muay thai before, but I want to get REALLY good at boxing.

Any opinions on any of those clubs at all will help a lot! Thanks!
    Sugarrays on Granville, buyer beware, the owner is rude, aggressive , and may have boxers dementia. The sales pitch is friendly service, most member avoid the owner and won't come in if he is there. The staff trainers are good but they all leave after a few weeks or months. The owner will not train anybody. He may know a lot but so what if he never teaches it. Otherwise, the standard boxing techniques are not allowed for beginner, this leaves lots of confusion as many people already have some training. it seems the Sugarrays methods are weird and outdated, not the stuff Freddie roach or Russ anber use as basic boxing technique or almost all other boxing gyms. The owner insults members and staff in front of all making a very unfriendly space to train, trainers have to hid standard training methods, members are getting frustrated, it is too sad, as it could be a good gym if under better management. Former members sincere comments. If you really want to learn proper boxing , pay a bit more, and go to well know trainers like north burnaby boxing, griffins, or dynamics or queens bough, or tony pep in new west. East side boxing also should be up and running soon and will likely put Sugarrays out of business or take a lot of members.
    Also try Beyond Boxing in vancouver