Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/14/2012 3:26pm

Style: Kissaki Kai/Shotokan/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We've had quite a few TKD guys come into our school. Most want to show off how deadly their leg techniques are and then move on. Some were pretty good. A couple stayed. One guy, was an ATF agent - I think he worked undercover - had long hair and tattoos. He spent every class telling us how we were easy to beat because we moved backwards. After the third time he got knocked out, he stopped coming.

I'm the karate guy with the BJJ cats I roll with. The egos are left at the door. I feel indebted to those guys because we roll once a week at a 4 hour open mat and they are always willing to teach, help, and encourage. I can hang with the blue belts, but most of the purple belts beat up on me pretty good. It can be tough to keep the ego in check some times, but they don't ask for my stand up ideas, so I don't offer it. I hate those guys who think their going to go in and show off how legitimate their style is. Do whatever style you like best, but freakin' do it.

That's what TKFG doesn't get. If he wants to do kung fu, go do it, but not in a BJJ school.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    2/14/2012 3:36pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I'm a kung fu guy AND I have a judogi.
    I finally had to break down and buy one too. Every time I visited my grappling friends, they usually ripped my standard gi top as they were tossing me on my ass and laughing at me.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    2/14/2012 3:40pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    I finally had to break down and buy one too. Every time I visited my grappling friends, they usually ripped my standard gi top as they were tossing me on my ass and laughing at me.
    Effing judo tossers. They're all the same.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2012 4:54pm

Style: MARS, Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So one night, this fellow comes in interested in classes, wants to spar, etc. Says he's trained Krav Maga (warning bells) and is a street fighter (O RLY?). Comes in for open mat, gets handled by 15 year old white belts. Mutters something about how this is all useless cuz he could have just pulled a gun and walks off.

Well, that's the quick version.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2012 1:13am

Style: yellow bamboo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramirezmma View Post
    So one night, this fellow comes in interested in classes, wants to spar, etc. Says he's trained Krav Maga (warning bells) and is a street fighter (O RLY?). Comes in for open mat, gets handled by 15 year old white belts. Mutters something about how this is all useless cuz he could have just pulled a gun and walks off.

Well, that's the quick version.
    I heard the same crap when Aikidorks techniques failed against my Kali.

I then informed them how they were all a bunch of liberal ass-hats who didnt own a gun, or have evr shot one,lol.
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516