223831 Bullies, 3856 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    9/25/2011 12:51pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, and there are loads of others.

People argue that it was a knee jerk decision (pun intended), but it really wasn't when you look at the facts. It's just plain fucking dangerous, no two ways about it.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/25/2011 1:04pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by progressivetkd View Post
    I don't really mind if he's teach "real" martial arts or showy unusable arts (they can be fun, if not very useful), I just think it sucks to represent yourself as some kind of champion if you're not. I once trained with an instructor who said "I train cage fighters" five or six times and afterwards I wished I'd asked him for their names and records. The more I think about it, the more I think he was bullshitting and he used it to justify some fairly unrealistic moves as "the real deal". You trust people who have good CVs so it's not fair to exaggerate them.
    Poor training is poor training there is no difference between performance and martial in that regard.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/25/2011 5:43pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: ITF TKD, some dabbling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It /was/ poor training and after a few sessions I identified that. However, the reason I went to train with him was his reputation as a realistic instructor and talked a big game upfront. In reality, what he was peddling was not legit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/25/2011 5:47pm

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by progressivetkd View Post
    It /was/ poor training and after a few sessions I identified that. However, the reason I went to train with him was his reputation as a realistic instructor and talked a big game upfront. In reality, what he was peddling was not legit.
    Should invite him to the next UK throwdown, see how he holds up.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12