My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    9/23/2011 2:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tao.jonez View Post
    Rampage's training means he might last a little longer against Jones.

I don't see Rampage taking this one - Jones has him on size, strength, age, unpredictability, and explosiveness. Rampage has experience on his side...that's just not enough.
    Disagree. Rampage has the strength advantage. Jones is long and lanky and definitely has the reach advantage. The odds are still in Jones favor but as I often say, "age and wisdom can beat youth and vigor."
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    9/23/2011 3:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wisdom? Are we all talking about the same Rampage Jackson here?

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    9/23/2011 4:13pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    I'd rather watch every loss of Rampage's rather than one 25 minute GSP vicdrawlry...that's just me.
    Oh I don't know, I think I could stand to watch Koshchek get punched in the face for another 25 minutes...

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    9/23/2011 4:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Wisdom? Are we all talking about the same Rampage Jackson here?
    You're right. That was a stretch.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2011 6:44pm

Style: Issh"i"nryu fixed....

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tao.jonez View Post
    Rampage's training means he might last a little longer against Jones.

I don't see Rampage taking this one - Jones has him on size, strength, age, unpredictability, and explosiveness. Rampage has experience on his side...that's just not enough.
    Explosiveness? Don't know bout that... Jones is pretty meticulous and CCC, while one of Rampage's best assets is being explosive.

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    9/23/2011 8:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Super8astard View Post
    Explosiveness? Don't know bout that... Jones is pretty meticulous and CCC, while one of Rampage's best assets is being explosive.
    Maybe 6 years ago, but right now you can see he is more methodical than he used to be. He doesn't rush in, which MIGHT be good for him, though I tend to think that you'd have to fight Jones the same way Chael fought Silva - beating him to the punch, jamming up his lanky distance strikes, and forcing him to fight inside.

I'm not saying that it'll go down the same way, because Chael is a better wrestler than Silva, and the same cannot be said here. But if Quinten's gonna win this **** it's gonna be with his best asset: punching power. And for him to use it, he needs to close that gap. Wait for Bones to fire, and then beat him to the line, much like a defensive lineman. No small task, to be sure, because then you risk that big goon grabbing a hold of you and putting you down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2011 8:13pm

Style: Issh"i"nryu fixed....

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, but I'm hoping all this talk from Rampage is more than just that. If he's really as serious as he seems, we may be seeing the 6 years ago Rampage.

It is going to be interesting to see how 'Page deals with the reach, then the wrestling once in close.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12