Style
    Kyokushin
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The Kancho Title

So in Kyokushin, a number of the organizations are headed by a Kancho. Like, Kancho Matsui of IKO1, for example.
    It basically means "head of the organization."
    It's also the name of a pank game kids in Japan play where they run around and stick their fingers up the butts of unsuspecting people.
    I am sure the kanji is different, but it seems that it is pronounced the same way.
    I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS.
    How... did this happen? Why?
    The next time I meet with a Kancho, am I gonna be thinking about this game?
    Do Kanchos ever get Kancho'd?

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is an English wikipedia entry, detailing that the term for the prank originally meant "enema," as in the medical procedure (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kancho). Nevertheless, the Japanese entry proves to be entirely more comprehensive, noting various styles of finger arrangement and the potential for injuries of both uke and shite. It also reveals that baseball player Hisanori Takahashi is known to have employed the technique during his MLB career.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In addition, I would be remiss, nay, criminally neglectful to forget the frontiersmanship of the cultural safari that is Boong-ga Boong-ga:

Style
    Wrestling
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dan Severn was not at all well-versed in Japanese when he made his first visit to the country. He later realized his mistake, and is actually quite surprised the name caught on despite his linguistic blunder.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DARPAChief View Post
    In addition, I would be remiss, nay, criminally neglectful to forget the frontiersmanship of the cultural safari that is Boong-ga Boong-ga:
    wiki:
    Boong-Ga Boong-Ga (Korean: 붕가 붕가, Japanese: 浣腸ゲーム kanchō geemu), also known as Spank 'em, is an arcade game developed by a South Korean company, Taff System. It is the first arcade game to simulate kancho - a popular prank in Japan where the victim is poked with two fingers in the anus whilst distracted.

The game received infamy on the internet in 2001 for a badly translated advertising flyer that promoted the game's peculiar spanking and kancho oriented gameplay. Boong-Ga Boong-Ga was reportedly designed for the Japanese market, and according to advertising material was well received at the 2000 Tokyo Game Show.
    I would bare minimum break both of the arms of the offending Party.

Style
    Siling Labuyo Arnis
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Evergrey View Post
    I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS.
    Same as when my girlfriend and I walk past the local TKD dojang, with the big WTF sign - she gives me that look every single time.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is the term Kancho related to the term Head Honcho?

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Is the term Kancho related to the term Head Honcho?
    Honcho would actually be written hancho with today's romanised Japanese (it better reflects the pronunciation, anyhow). Both denote leadership positions within groups; kancho is a common term for a head of an organisation like a library or office, whereas hancho might pop up in a sci-fi show about space battles. But in the case of kancho there just happens to be a plethora of homonyms.