Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/22/2011 6:31am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kyokushin/Judo/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Efrain View Post
    How to develop, the discipline to learn the basics and benefits of yoga properly? Any suggestion are welcome here.Thanks in advance.
    I do Vinyasa Power Yoga. It is exactly the same as martial arts in that it takes discipline, commitment and persistence to get the full benefits. My core strength has improved markedly since taking up yoga and my balance has improved as well.

I'm still not really good at the relaxation part at the end though. I cannot lay on the floor with my eyes closed and relax when there are people I dont know laying beside me. But thats just me.

Posted On:
    9/22/2011 11:51am

Style: Sambo n3wb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just want to render an opinion on the fast food bit.

It really depends on you. Fast food can be healthy in a very limited usage depending if your diet doesn't include enough fats, sodium, and other things. When I eat at fast food places, I usually try to limit my selection to poultry, but the occasional cheeseburger isn't going to kill you.

Lipids are useful in maintaining healthy joints as well as maintaining/repairing cellular structures.

With all of that said, you'd be better off seeking other options than doing the fast food thing 2x a month.
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    9/28/2011 5:12am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    are you seriously asking if fast food is healthy?

well, look at the macros of the food! (calroies, fat, sodium, carbs, protein, etc)
    then look at the ingredients.

that is how you determine if food is healthy or not.
    for most all fast food the answer is no.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2011 6:11am

Style: Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most fast food makes me ill and I've never heard an athelete training on a beer and pizza diet! I always thought yoga and martial arts were like best buds.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    9/28/2011 10:31am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know I had a short discussion with Tae Bo about this in the past.

While I, personally, don't eat fast food...except for the occasional Subway egg white flatbread, Bullshido PT Forum Moderator THE MIGHTY EMEVAS has posted numerous times about how some of his strongest lifts have come after a meal of Burger King.

I think for the garden variety person it would be a no, but some guys can figure out a way to make it work for them.

Posted On:
    9/28/2011 12:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Agreed with Snake.
    I generally try to eat very healthy and am still mediocre on a good day.
    On the other hand i know guys who munch cheeseburgers and Spam and excel.
    I always mention John Stamstad who reportedly would suck down cold Spam like "mother's milk" during the grueling Iditabike, setting records along the way.
    Don't know how their guts are going to fare in the later years though.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    9/28/2011 2:00pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hungry Joe claims to be part goat.

I once had my ass-kicked by a medium McDonald's french fry and am as delicate as a newborn kitten.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2011 2:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to be a freak about what I ate spending extra dough on whole foods, but that's definitely fell by the way side. Some of the intial culprits that make fast food "bad" I think stem from the exess of garbage (simple sugars, sweeteners, etc) that make up the meal. Driving up to wendy's picking up a chili or even a 99c double stack I don't believe is the bad part. I think getting the value meals with the whole shebang is what will upset many stomachs.

I was even at a conference where Dr. Mercola (mercola.com) basically said if you get anything get a burger, they're not that bad but avoid the fries most of all and other insulin spkers like the bun and the soft drink.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12