Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/29/2011 2:25am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

TUF 14: Episode 2

Tonight's episode was a great example of why tuning in for the last five to ten minutes is better than watching the entire show.

Mayhem delivered a strange recovery tool (like a giant, automated blood pressure cuff) for his team's use at the house; supposedly, this thing is used by Lance Armstrong to speed recovery. It looked more like something out of Rocky IV to me. If you want any more info on house nonsense, you'll have to get it from someone else.

Non-fight notes:
    • Marcus was more than 10 pounds over the weight limit leading up to the fight, so Bisping and the gang helped him cut weight in way that didn't seem very healthy to me.
    • Bryan gets very nervous before fights.

Fight notes:
    Spoiler:

• For a guy so good at getting the back, Bryan doesn't seem to know much about applying an RNC. What made him think that poking his fingers all over Marcus's face would cut off blood flow to the brain?
    • Steve Mazzagatti should've called an eye poke in the first round.
    • Steve Mazzagatti seemed to be agitated early in the second round.
    • Have any of you ever seen a ref so quick to give the “I'll stand him up” tip to a fighter?

Basically, I was pulling for Bryan...but this fight was fucked up.

I will be more articulate when the aforementioned “Stupid Mode” wears off.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2011 3:00pm

Style: Issh"i"nryu fixed....

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Those suits are basically a portable elevation chamber. I don't know about those things, but ele-chambers work quite well, so I assume those do too.

I thought Bryan was gonna puke on himself. I thought it was funny when he said as soon as the gate gets closed everything gets shut out and he's fine. You could see his hands shaking even when the fight started, and he still looked shook afterwards in the backroom when Mayhem was trying to congratulate him. I wonder if he has to take tranq's or nerve pills for his anxiety.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2011 3:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Super8astard View Post
    Those suits are basically a portable elevation chamber. I don't know about those things, but ele-chambers work quite well, so I assume those do too.

I thought Bryan was gonna puke on himself. I thought it was funny when he said as soon as the gate gets closed everything gets shut out and he's fine. You could see his hands shaking even when the fight started, and he still looked shook afterwards in the backroom when Mayhem was trying to congratulate him. I wonder if he has to take tranq's or nerve pills for his anxiety.

It sounded like it was just pre fight jitters. Some people go into "what if" overdrive before a fight. Any fight. He didn't talk to Ralph between rounds or after the fight so he prolly just over analyzes himself leading up to the fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2011 3:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think so, he said he had to talk to a therapist, that alone says it's more than just jitters. He's also supposed be highly skilled on the ground, but looked confused on what to do. I assume that confussion was due to his frozen mindset, but it could've been anything. His shaky hands all the way to the team room and that look of fear in his eyes says it was more than just jitters as well. I believe it when he says he's not affraid of the other guy, but he still gave in to his fear. Should he manage to pull off winning the contest, the first experienced fighter he faces is going to brutalize him and probably shatter him mentaly if he can't get that under control. And that's assuming the next TUF contestant he fights doesn't do it to him first. I'd hate to see that happen to anyone.

Posted On:
    9/29/2011 5:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, Bryan definitely let Marcus into his head...and so quickly, I have to wonder how he'd do as a pro.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    9/29/2011 11:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    he wont make it through the house. winning that fight was more to do with the other guy having fucking zero wrestling ability. his takedown defense was to give up his back ffs.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/30/2011 3:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's a lot of **** that goes on off camera or doesn't make the cut, and these guys all get screened before they're allowed to participate on the show in the first place. I wonder if he was let on the show just for the drama value of having him.

Posted On:
    9/30/2011 3:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Super8astard View Post
    I wonder if he was let on the show just for the drama value of having him.
    After Junie Browning and Gabe Ruediger, is there any doubt this happens every season?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/30/2011 3:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol @ Gabe. They let him into the UFC anyway just to watch him lose.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2011 1:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Been a pretty good season so far. Was bummed to see Brimage lose. Looks like a talented guy, just raw. Great personality though.
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast