Sponsored Links Spacer Image

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    9/21/2011 1:12pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I used WC and Aikido against a BJJ purple today!

With amazing success!

I Chi Sau'd from under mount to keep him from getting good collar grips then I redirected his energy and trapped his arm so I could roll him off of me! A little bit later he started to escape my armbar attempt and I attacked with t3h d34dly wrist lock! He tapped to my aikidomachismo!

Note: I'm patenting "Aikidomachismo" so don't try to use it without giving me a nickel.

So the moral of the story is that after eleven years of alive training in striking and grappling you can make bullshit stuff work!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2011 1:19pm

Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that's ok, i will use Akiidomachismo instead, in fact I just promoted myself to 8th Dan in it (what is it by the way?)

Posted On:
    9/21/2011 1:22pm

Style: Aikido / FMA / Krotty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where do i send my nickel?

When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

"what's the best thing about aikido then?"
    "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    9/21/2011 1:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ?Por que, estaba usando los pantalones de la magia?

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    9/21/2011 2:05pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharabus View Post
    that's ok, i will use Akiidomachismo instead, in fact I just promoted myself to 8th Dan in it (what is it by the way?)
    Not as cool as my Dynamic Aikisambomachismo!

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    9/21/2011 2:06pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ich trug keinen Zauber Hose.

Posted On:
    9/21/2011 2:09pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Think your grammar might be a bit iffy with that one.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2011 2:22pm

Style: Chinese martial arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    With amazing success!

I Chi Sau'd from under mount to keep him from getting good collar grips then I redirected his energy and trapped his arm so I could roll him off of me! A little bit later he started to escape my armbar attempt and I attacked with t3h d34dly wrist lock! He tapped to my aikidomachismo!

Note: I'm patenting "Aikidomachismo" so don't try to use it without giving me a nickel.

So the moral of the story is that after eleven years of alive training in striking and grappling you can make bullshit stuff work!
    i know you're trying to be funny(and not sure as some sort of response to my thread, sorry if i'm being presumptuous), but honestly, things do overlap and can be applied in a different context.

3 summers ago, a friend of mine invited me to his MMA school. i joined a class and for the first time did BJJ. the instructor studied a lot of things, as it turned out. had his purple belt in BJJ, and also did shootfighting for a long time. we did some drills, then got together with guys to free-style grapple. i grappled with some guys and then with him. i totally sucked with him, obviously. as we were grappling, he asked me "hey, do you do wing chun?" i told him "yes, how do you know?" not sure what he would have to say. his reply was "oh, i've studied wing chun, too. that's how i know you do wing chun, by the way you're using your hands/arms, like chi sao. i still practice wing chun. i try to use some of the principles when i grapple. guard the center, for one. the other thing is just to think of grappling as like doing chi sao with your entire body."

sometimes you find people who suck at such and such art and it just reinforces the idea you had about that art already. then you find people who train hard and can make what you consider the worst art work. and you also realize that the body can only move in certain ways, and the laws of physics don't change because you do a different art. i try to appreciate everything now and take the best from all arts, but it took me some time to appreciate.

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    9/21/2011 2:31pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyVenom7 View Post
    and you also realize that the body can only move in certain ways, and the laws of physics don't change because you do a different art.
    Your forgetting about Ninjitsu, they can levitate and stuff. I've seem Ashida Kim do it on Youtube.

On a more serious note, "aikido" wristlocks can work, I've pulled them off before in grappling. Don't believe me? GRAB MY WRIST & PREPARE TO DIE!
    Last edited by CoffeeFan; 9/21/2011 2:34pm at .

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    9/21/2011 2:43pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    You don't get credit just for stepping up!!!
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast