Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/21/2011 6:19am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm two of them, Scot Tudhope and Lee Bowler claim Judo dan grades.

There is no one with the name 'Tudhope' or 'Bowler' in the BJA dan grade register.

Which means either they're;

BJC/AJA grades

Been graded in the last month and not yet added, possible in Bowler's case as he claims only a 1st dan, impossible in Tudhope's as a 2nd dan is claimed.

Not owners of dan grades from a legit org.

Posted On:
    9/21/2011 7:39am

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thought I'd have a look at the jujitsu guys just for shits and giggles. First cab off the rank - Stephen Pinfold, Godan.

Spent two years training under a jujitsu godan (before this instructor moved away). Got graded to shodan in self-created JJ style a year later and Nidan a year after that.

If after four years I get nominated to grade for Ikkyu I would be one of the fastest grading members in the history of our club. It's thanks to ass-clowns like this that I'll never have a 'JJ Black Belt' tag on this site.
    :no:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2011 10:10am

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    Paul is legit and his BB was awarded by Lagarto, as a moment's Googling would have told you: http://www.efnsports.com/forum/index...1191.msg124170
    http://lagartoacademy.co.uk/aboutus.php

P.S. You don't think it's possible to go from purple to black in four years and consider that sufficient basis to allege fraud?
    Thats why I said possible. His attachment to a BS MMA gym was another reason I suspected. Im not the guy to go to when it comes to who's who in BJJ, which is why I let someone such as yourself get confirmation. I did not accuse him of being a fraud, merely indicated that the circumstantial evidence indicated that it may be a possibility.

My apologies and respect to Paul.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2011 10:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cualltaigh View Post
    Thought I'd have a look at the jujitsu guys just for shits and giggles. First cab off the rank - Stephen Pinfold, Godan.

Spent two years training under a jujitsu godan (before this instructor moved away). Got graded to shodan in self-created JJ style a year later and Nidan a year after that.

If after four years I get nominated to grade for Ikkyu I would be one of the fastest grading members in the history of our club. It's thanks to ass-clowns like this that I'll never have a 'JJ Black Belt' tag on this site.
    :no:
    I feel your pain. The site is a very well constructed mutual appreciation society.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2011 10:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Hmm two of them, Scot Tudhope and Lee Bowler claim Judo dan grades.

There is no one with the name 'Tudhope' or 'Bowler' in the BJA dan grade register.

Which means either they're;

BJC/AJA grades

Been graded in the last month and not yet added, possible in Bowler's case as he claims only a 1st dan, impossible in Tudhope's as a 2nd dan is claimed.

Not owners of dan grades from a legit org.
    Tudhope runs an MMA gym in Blackpool, he's even got a BJJ black belt on board. This could get messy. Is it worth doing anything about it? Could he not have earned 2nd dan in the past and stopped renewing his BJA license?

If you check his site, you'll notice he doesnt teach Judo, possibly because Paul would rumble him if he did?

Posted On:
    9/21/2011 10:42am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Juggernoob View Post
    Tudhope runs an MMA gym in Blackpool, he's even got a BJJ black belt on board. This could get messy. Is it worth doing anything about it? Could he not have earned 2nd dan in the past and stopped renewing his BJA license?

If you check his site, you'll notice he doesnt teach Judo, possibly because Paul would rumble him if he did?
    Pretty sure they leave you on even if you don't renew your licence, don't know for sure though.

He could be BJC or AJA, in which case I have no way of checking, because I can't access their databases, if they even have them.

Or he could have one from a dogshite org like Bizmas, which no one would recognise.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    9/21/2011 10:50am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Pretty sure they leave you on even if you don't renew your licence, don't know for sure though.
    They do, it's a complete historical database AFAIK. Even people who've been dead for 40 years are on there.

Posted On:
    9/21/2011 11:00am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    They do, it's a complete historical database AFAIK. Even people who've been dead for 40 years are on there.
    Yeh, you're right just had a look and there's a few people I know are dead still on there. Even relatively low grades.

Who's on there who has been dead for 40 years?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12