Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/20/2011 11:21pm

Style: Freestyle Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

foot care

idk about you fine folks. but my feet are "aching" after workouts the next morning. i usually neglect the discomfort and it will go away. appear. i started to massage them latley. feels good.

any other method of taking care of your amazing feet?

Posted On:
    9/21/2011 12:46am

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    soak them in hot water and epson salt. Also roll a bottle under your foot to massage it.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    9/21/2011 12:50am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One of the most neglected aspects of foot health, in my storied experience, is the calves.

Keep them very flexible and limber, and your feet will reap the benefits. Ideally, foam roll them before workouts of all kinds, and stretch them after. If you cannot do this, stretch them before and after every workout. If you cannot do THAT - or you need advice on the best way to do so - either PM me or make another thread. In fact, if you decide to make another thread, PM me anyway. Despite my being a Mod, I don't always keep up with new threads as well as I should, so a PM would help me keep on top of things. Mea Culpa.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Posted On:
    9/21/2011 11:31am

Style: Sambo n3wb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Try foot exercises, they might help out in the long-term.

Place a towel on a non-carpeted floor. Using your toes, pull the towel towards you.
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Posted On:
    9/21/2011 12:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TaeBo_Master View Post
    One of the most neglected aspects of foot health, in my storied experience, is the calves.

Keep them very flexible and limber, and your feet will reap the benefits. Ideally, foam roll them before workouts of all kinds, and stretch them after. If you cannot do this, stretch them before and after every workout. If you cannot do THAT - or you need advice on the best way to do so - either PM me or make another thread. In fact, if you decide to make another thread, PM me anyway. Despite my being a Mod, I don't always keep up with new threads as well as I should, so a PM would help me keep on top of things. Mea Culpa.
    In addition to this i'd bring attention to the tibialis anterior and peroneus muscles, as they seem to get neglected even by people who stretch, foam roll etc the posterior calf.
    "Ankle drops" with the knees straight and bent can help lengthen the gastrocnemius and soleus respectively, which in turn can help protect the Achilles.
    Some other good exercises here:
    http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/st...ning/ankle.php