Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,015
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by adskibullus View Post
    Not an injury but still a s**t reason for not training.... a cold. I know i know its a faggy reason but i dont think people would appreciate getting snotted all over during newaza randori.
    Other than "the runs" I think you just described one of the best grappling defenses.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    676
    Style
    judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Juggernoob View Post
    So, I cant train tonight because i've sprained my toe. You heard me, I have sprained a toe.
    :fffuuu:
    lol same thing have happened to me too. you can still train if it is not that bad.. or you can pretend that your a fat kid and eat ice cream and play computer games all night :D

  3. #13
    hpr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Helsinki / Finland
    Posts
    2,204
    Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Baww, a sprained toe. I spent first six months after the first shooting practice with both big toes taped, since those fuckers kept straining again and again. And I'm probably the least hardcore trainer there is.

    EDIT: I did have to take time off due to sprained sternum, though. Apparently there's a joint there that's not supposed to bend while someone is using knee on chest on you. The stupid part was that I didn't tap to it in time.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ecuador
    Posts
    1,565
    Style
    'Grapplin'
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I trained, toe was fine. If anything light feet made better Judo.

  5. #15
    Permalost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    13,842
    Style
    street paddleboarding
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by adskibullus View Post
    Not an injury but still a s**t reason for not training.... a cold. I know i know its a faggy reason but i dont think people would appreciate getting snotted all over during newaza randori.
    No, its a good reason. If you're obviously sick and drippy, its not cool to train with people in something as close quarters as newaza.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    MI, USA
    Posts
    11
    Style
    BJJ, Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Last year I broke the same pinky toe 3 times, snagging it on the mat. The Orthopedic doc laughed every time I went in for a check up, she said it was the ugliest toe she had ever seen. This year I broke the pinky toe on the other foot. I just go through a lot of tape! I do have some other dumb injuries that include concrete swimming pools, and computer monitors.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    479
    Style
    Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Juggernoob View Post
    I trained, toe was fine. If anything light feet made better Judo.
    I knew you would!

    Have you tried buddy taping? I've broken my toes several times and still trained. All I had to do was buddy tape.

  8. #18
    My dog is cuter and smarter than yours. Join us... or die
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    10,289
    Style
    Kodokan Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Juggernoob View Post
    So, I cant train tonight because i've sprained my toe. You heard me, I have sprained a toe.
    :fffuuu:

    What are your most idiotic/retarded/frustrating injuries?
    Tape your effing toe, you wuss!
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

  9. #19
    hapkido_keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,300
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Two days before a grappling tournament, I'm in BJJ class. We're doing leapfrogs over each other and my partner is this uncoordinated, 180lb 16yo kid. He gets tired and as he leaps over me lands with his full weight on his heal on the middle toes on my left foot. It hurt like a ************. I was able to ice it immediately and went to class the next day, although walking funny a bit. I did compete at the tournament.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    Bullshido is not like the police department, or even POWNET; it really just gets random hard ons and then follows it's dick.

  10. #20
    My dog is cuter and smarter than yours. Join us... or die
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    10,289
    Style
    Kodokan Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got a cut in the roof of my mouth while doing Judo randori with my coach.

    From his thumbnail.

    After that I kept my mouth shut.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO