Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2011 7:22pm

Style: Issh"i"nryu fixed....

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by greatheight View Post
    Good points about Bader and O'Brian - but neither of them lasted three and a bit rounds against him, did they? The last person to last the distance was Bonnar, in Jone's second fight in the UFC. Shogun went to round three, but was being demolished more so than Jackson was.
    Even at the full steam of the hype train, Bader was never a Quinton Jackson quality opponent, neither was O'Brian. I'm more impressed that O'Brian took the fight to him and comited to the fight than with Jackson hanging back and getting through the rounds. Rua was getting destroyed, true, but he survived it despite being done shortly after the opening bell. I think it would be fair to say Rampage making into the 4th was more in the form of Jones not going after him the way he has everyone else than because of Rampage's performance. He didn't look bad in the first, but it was clear he had nothing to offer outside of baseball swing haymakers that had no chance of landing. You could see he was broke in his expressions between rounds, it even looked like he was gonna cry at the end.

It's not just the on paper score that impressed me with this fight. Rampage is tough mother fucker. Bones broke him. Even when he was getting tore up by Wand in Pride, Jackson was in the fight, and knew he could win. He was never, at any point, in this fight, and he knew that. That is what amazed me, and that's worthy of being labelled as a beatdown.

Quote Originally Posted by greatheight View Post
    Nah, I reckon Rashad will put up a fight, and will make it interesting. That doesn't mean I think he'll win though. I don't think Jones is going to be losing for a long time.
    Granted I was overstating, but what does Rashad bring that Jones hasn't already defeated? Even he does it better, he still doesn't do it good enough. The best Rashad can hope for is to lose in the same manner as Jackson did without being broken. Given how emotional Rashad is, he'll crack even sooner.

It is possible that this is just my wishful thinking though. God how I would love a 2.0 of this

I had to watch this one twice, as I still can't get all the way through it without tears blocking my vision. And the big finish with the Sharp Shooter made me stop breathing the first time I saw it.
    Last edited by Super8astard; 9/26/2011 7:26pm at .

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/26/2011 8:39pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    More on the Seagal situation, if you care (you shouldn't):

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/9/26...-room-mma-news
    Hahahha, that guy is such a ridiculous clown. I am surprised people still pay attention to him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2011 11:43pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    oh my god, seagal is such a total card carrying ****. what a fucking wannabe, hanging around backstage claiming to be everyones bud. i wish that dude would just **** off away from MMA he gets it dirty with his grubby fat fingers
    at this point you just know Ariel is interviewing this dude to **** with us. No one is taking this guy seriously. It just seems creepy he is backstage hanging out and always has feedback. Hope he takes Bas Rutten up on his challenge some day. He is so full of ****

:)

Posted On:
    9/28/2011 8:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    for those that haven't seen this

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/28/2011 9:35pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bas Rutten would be overkill. Also, whatever happened to that Bullshido article describing how Segal's MMA debut would go down? That was written before all the Anderson Silva nonsense.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    9/28/2011 10:00pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow rampage makes youtube vids now nice.......lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by Super8astard View Post
    Even at the full steam of the hype train, Bader was never a Quinton Jackson quality opponent, neither was O'Brian. I'm more impressed that O'Brian took the fight to him and comited to the fight than with Jackson hanging back and getting through the rounds. Rua was getting destroyed, true, but he survived it despite being done shortly after the opening bell. I think it would be fair to say Rampage making into the 4th was more in the form of Jones not going after him the way he has everyone else than because of Rampage's performance. He didn't look bad in the first, but it was clear he had nothing to offer outside of baseball swing haymakers that had no chance of landing. You could see he was broke in his expressions between rounds, it even looked like he was gonna cry at the end.

It's not just the on paper score that impressed me with this fight. Rampage is tough mother fucker. Bones broke him. Even when he was getting tore up by Wand in Pride, Jackson was in the fight, and knew he could win. He was never, at any point, in this fight, and he knew that. That is what amazed me, and that's worthy of being labelled as a beatdown.

Granted I was overstating, but what does Rashad bring that Jones hasn't already defeated? Even he does it better, he still doesn't do it good enough. The best Rashad can hope for is to lose in the same manner as Jackson did without being broken. Given how emotional Rashad is, he'll crack even sooner.

It is possible that this is just my wishful thinking though. God how I would love a 2.0 of this

I had to watch this one twice, as I still can't get all the way through it without tears blocking my vision. And the big finish with the Sharp Shooter made me stop breathing the first time I saw it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2011 1:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks like Martin Kampmann would rather see Jones against Machida, at least from a stylistic standpoint...

http://www.fighters.com/10/04/martin...ns-for-ufc-139
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789