Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/18/2011 3:43pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uglybugly View Post
    one thing about judo practitioners.. they are not very good at ne waza. Another thing is that I think that these wrestling "throws" have more potential.. judo is still good but not the best :)
    Ahh so you're just trolling and not actually looking for any serious advice, okey doke.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    9/18/2011 3:43pm

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    one thing about judo practitioners.. they are not very good at ne waza.
    Speak for yourself!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2011 5:21pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Ahh so you're just trolling and not actually looking for any serious advice, okey doke.
    I am serious. It is my personal opinion based on people I have done ne waza with.
    stuff I feel that judo don't have so much of:
    - a proper guard game
    - a full system for ne waza.. it was more bits and pieces when I trained judo. we didn't cover EVERY position and how to move from one position to another..
    - triangel choke and leg locks..

However I don't really want to take a **** on judo.. I am more interested in good throws for no gi fighting. Preferably which doesn't include legs and trips but more throws from clinch.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2011 8:01pm

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am serious. It is my personal opinion based on people I have done ne waza with.
    - a proper guard game
    - a full system for ne waza.. it was more bits and pieces when I trained judo. we didn't cover EVERY position and how to move from one position to another..
    Let me make this clear. Judo is a sport. You do Judo for fitness , or to compete, sports have styles and rules, if you dont like it, dont do it.

What is taught in Judo is what is required to win. Why would they spend hours drilling guard passes when in competition the situation rarely arises.

I do JJ and CW , I fair no worse against a Judoka in Judo than I do against my sparring partners in my other respective classes.

Im sick of people like you "Why cant I just learn the best martial art?".

It doesnt exist.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2011 9:12pm

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    - a proper guard game

However I don't really want to take a **** on judo.. I am more interested in good throws for no gi fighting. Preferably which doesn't include legs and trips but more throws from clinch.
    How long did you train in Judo?

Posted On:
    9/18/2011 9:12pm

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Our MMA tries to get as much wrestling in, as our non wrestling culture can supply because the people that know better than me judge it seems to work well as a base for stand up grappling .

Do with that as you will.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2011 9:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Juggernoob View Post
    What is taught in Judo is what is required to win. Why would they spend hours drilling guard passes when in competition the situation rarely arises.
    well .. this situation often happens in bjj/mma and it is bloody useful to have a good guard game if somebody puts you on your back in a fight. what I am trying to communicate right now is that it is really bad if you don't cover all the positions good enough because.. what will happen if you end up in that position in a fight were there are no stand up rule etc? I am not really interested in doing more judo so I am moving away from the judo rule set..

Im sick of people like you "Why cant I just learn the best martial art?".

It doesnt exist.
    I read this as an attempt to "test" me. the dumbest response I can give is anger because then you have won. However.. all your posts have this little edge to them.. that makes me think that maybe the smartest thing you can do is to ask yourself why you have this urge to take a dump on other people? are you the grinch or something?

I mean why so negative? :D

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2011 9:47pm

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well .. this situation often happens in bjj/mma and it is bloody useful to have a good guard game if somebody puts you on your back in a fight. what I am trying to communicate right now is that it is really bad if you don't cover all the positions good enough because.. what will happen if you end up in that position in a fight were there are no stand up rule etc? I am not really interested in doing more judo so I am moving away from the judo rule set..
    You read the bit about me doing JJ and catch wrestling right?

I read this as an attempt to "test" me. the dumbest response I can give is anger because then you have won. However.. all your posts have this little edge to them.. that makes me think that maybe the smartest thing you can do is to ask yourself why you have this urge to take a dump on other people? are you the grinch or something?

I mean why so negative? :D
    Because you still havnt explained what you're training for , or why. You've basically answered your own questions, indicating that you already knew the answers and to be honest, I just like being a dick every now and again. It's one of my many hobbies.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/19/2011 5:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because you still havnt explained what you're training for , or why. You've basically answered your own questions, indicating that you already knew the answers and to be honest, I just like being a dick every now and again. It's one of my many hobbies.
    I am not training right now. I have done 2 years of judo and one year of bjj and now I am thinking about learning somekind of wrestling style throws.. but to be honest I don't like the ruleset in wrestling.. and it is of course totally valid to be a dick sometimes.. it keeps the vaginas oiled :)

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    9/19/2011 5:46am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah, a dabbler.

Dabblers suck, it doesn't matter what they do.

Maybe stick with something, and you might get good enough at it to use it?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast