Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/12/2012 4:01pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Watch the armbar escape video on this blog
    http://jiujitsurevealed.blogspot.com...-unveiled.html
    it has an armbar defense and several other escapes as well. That armbar escape is very similar to the one on here, the only difference is, again, that he should have dug his chin into the back of his knee.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    9/12/2012 5:45pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is this the video you are referring to, SantosCruz?

Quote Originally Posted by SantosCruz View Post
    it has an armbar defense and several other escapes as well. That armbar escape is very similar to the one on here, the only difference is, again, that he should have dug his chin into the back of his knee.
    I watched it. That escape will not work against someone who knows how to properly clamp their knees when applying the armbar. One arm does not have enough strength to be able to pry open both legs when the clamp is properly applied.

Also, I laughed out loud at the notion of someone's neck being stronger than the hamstring muscle. Unless the person applying the armbar is pretty weak, you will not be able to sit up no matter how much you dig your chin into the back of their knee.

The chin movement is easily countered by making a sawing motion with the leg that is on top of their face. Coincidentally, this is also the counter if someone is trying to bite the back of your leg while you're armbarring them.

All of the techniques I watched in the armbar video of that web page require a sense of timing that most people do not develop until they have been training for a few years.

What art do you train, and what is your rank in it?

Edit: I question whether these are actually techniques used by the Valente brothers given their extensive history in the sport of BJJ. I would certainly yield to their experience if they were confirmed to be among those they practice however.
    Last edited by jnp; 9/12/2012 5:53pm at .
    Shut the hell up and train.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/12/2012 8:29pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SantosCruz View Post
    Really dude, you need to give us your rank. This is utter bullshit.

Posted On:
    9/12/2012 9:02pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega, I was shown something similar as that video by my instructor recently. In saying that, I totally agree with your comment about clamping knees. That video had the guy using the worst leverage point of the arms against a dudes legs, he'd be fucking retarded if he allowed his leg to be put behind the head like that. It seems to me that he is using a variation of a technique you use when you are defending the armbar by holding your own arm (so it can't be straightened out). The one I was shown is dragging your body using your legs while holding on to your own arm so that your whole body suddenly shifts, while pushing with both arms (still defending) the leg over your head, which, if done okay, makes some room to work your head out and over the crook of the knee to end up in guard as above. It DOESN'T work if the arm is already straight unless your opponent is totally incompetent. I have made it work how I was shown on a couple of occasions, but it only works if you are still defending the straighten.

I have used another escape, I hope my description gives it justice, let me know. Basically as the arm straightens out I turn them on their side a bit, then I bridge and explode into the air, throw my leg over their body and mount them facing their legs, then just drag my arm out bit by bit. This only works if their clamp on my body is weak and I am able to turn my body close to their on that side.

No, I'm not advanced, but I use it against more advanced players.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    9/12/2012 10:08pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    I have used another escape, I hope my description gives it justice, let me know. Basically as the arm straightens out I turn them on their side a bit, then I bridge and explode into the air, throw my leg over their body and mount them facing their legs, then just drag my arm out bit by bit. This only works if their clamp on my body is weak and I am able to turn my body close to their on that side.
    That sounds very much like the hitchhiker escape except for the part where you throw your leg over their body.

Here is a video that illustrates the hitchhiker escape in a nice drill. Does it resemble what you do?

Shut the hell up and train.

Posted On:
    9/12/2012 10:37pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, I go the other way, although similar arm movement. I've used the hitch hiker escape, but this one requires both of their legs on the front of my body. I'll try to explain it better.

1. He has his leg over my torso, his other leg over my face and is beginning to straighten out my right arm.

2. I try to close the gap between the right hand side of my torso and his torso while still defending the straighten as much as possible. If possible I move my arm to the left of his torso so he turns on his side away from me slightly.

3. a)I bridge hard and throw my left leg over my planted right foot, turning my hips over towards the opponent and my left foot/ knee lands on his LEFT side (reverse mount). At the same time...

b) Using my free left arm I push up against his knee which serves, with the movement of hips, to free my head somewhat, of which I can further help by pushing with my free hand and popping my head out.

5. Now I am mounted with my arm still between his legs, my chest around his hip level and I just drag it out bit by bit.

It's not an attacking position, but I'm on top.

EDIT: Upon further review, yes, it is a variation on the hitchhiker. I suppose this type of post is the reason for the rule that advanced grappling is for advanced grapplers.
    Last edited by battlefields; 9/12/2012 10:42pm at .
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/12/2012 11:28pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds like the superman. I really should redo another armbar video.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234