Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/19/2012 6:21pm

Style: Tkd,mauythai,bjj,boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If his name is Michael cavuto I could probably stop by my family friend who's a law clerk and ask her if she could pull up any charges what so ever in the event that a potential sexual predator is using an alias to draw attention to the public. I could probably read over his case. You can always tell who is a rat bastard the way they handle themselves in court. Only if bullshido seams necessary. The way I see it. I don't want my son taking sweaty kickboxing lessons from a perv.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/20/2012 7:07am

Style: BJJ / Kyokushinkai Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So someone comes in, posts ONCE with a very strong accusation WITHOUT proof. Plus: There are respected members here backing Michael Corleone...

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    1/20/2012 8:34am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smackjack View Post
    If his name is Michael cavuto I could probably stop by my family friend who's a law clerk and ask her if she could pull up any charges what so ever in the event that a potential sexual predator is using an alias to draw attention to the public. I could probably read over his case. You can always tell who is a rat bastard the way they handle themselves in court. Only if bullshido seams necessary. The way I see it. I don't want my son taking sweaty kickboxing lessons from a perv.

Because there are legal ways to obtain publicly available information, I don't think it is necessary for you to ask your family friend to commit a misdemeanor crime.

For the record, there is no one with the last name Corleone or Cavuto listed in the New York State Public Record of Sex Offenders.

Unrelated criminal searches will take a bit longer.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Posted On:
    3/17/2012 11:45pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Goshen Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Ke?poFist View Post
    Wow, so the judges scored with bias/incorrectly, and the promoter overruled the decision?
    Michael, this is Mr.DePompe, like we really respected you and Scott actually speaks very highly of you and the great fight for the IBO Title. But Michael, really you clearly lost the fight, Harold Letterman now being inducted into the New York Hall of Fame was one of the judges and all (3) judges socred the fight without doubt for Scott.
    The newspapers quoted the IBO Officals as stating that this was the quality bouts that they were proud to have and that Scott proved himself to be a worthy IBO Champion. No one from the IBO gave you Scotts title nor did any believe you came close to earning it.
    Greg Serb, Boxing Commissioner for PA, where the fight took place and by the way one of the best boxing commissioners in the country, thought this was a great fight for PA and that Scott clearly won.
    Just don't understand your comments Michael, no shame in losing a great fight and no need to make up stories, you are a real tough, I was going to say kid, but at this late stage in life I will say man, Scott and I came to some of your fights after Scott beat you for the title, we came at your invitation both boxing and kick-boxing, rooted for you and even when you lost you gave good performances.
    So it is disapointing to read these comments and quite frankly I told Scott that someone else probably put these in under your name because you know you lost that fight.
    Well whatever, it was a long time ago, I still remember the respect you always showed me whenever we met and that is how I want to remember you not by this misleading quote I found here. As for a rematch as Scott moved on at 140 you steadly went up in weight classes.
    If this is you Michael God Bless and take care.
    Mr. DePompe
    P.S. Scott does not even know I replied to this he is too much a gentleman, knows he won and he has the Belt and actually considered that fight as the beginning of a long lasting friendship.
    He always thought, as did I in fact, that this would have been a great TV fight.

Posted On:
    3/18/2012 12:21am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am Michael DePompe, father of Scott DePompe, Michael Corleone is a friend of ours but I do not understand where this information is coming from. I believe that someone else besides Michael put this infromation on your site.
    My son clearly won the IBO Title against Michael and John Dadanno or any other member of the IBO never gave Scott's title to Michael. It was a great fight and all three judges, including Harold Letterman, now being inducted into the New York Boxing Hall of Fame, all clearly gave the fight to Scott in a 12 round decision.
    The newspapers quoted this fight as one of the best bouts held in the Fernwood, PA, in years and reporters acknowledged that Scott fought a tremendous fight clearly winning the decision and the title.
    Greg Serb, the PA State boxing commissioner, and one of the most respected boxing commissioners in the United States, called this a great bout and congradulated Scott for a spectacular win.
    Michael and our family became good friends after this fight and we were invited by Michael to his fights, boxing and kick-boxing where we rooted for him. Whenever we saw Michael at a fight he was always showed a great deal of respect and I liked him for that.
    So this is extremely confusing.
    I will tell you this; losing to Scott was not a bad thing and there is no need for anybody to make up stories.
    There is also no need to judge Michael on an article, one he may not have even written, because he is a good boxer, great kick-boxer, runs a good school and is extremely dedicated to the martial arts.
    I am a second-degree black belt, (1972) under Goshen Do, which has since been changed to Goshin- Ryu. We had a school in Bloomfield, NJ; Bloomfield Goshin-Do, so again from my experience in the Martial Arts, Michael is as dedicated a person as you will find.
    Judge Michael on his real merits he did not need to win the IBO Title to be good at what he does today.
    Thank You for allowing me to reply.
    Mike DePompe

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/18/2012 12:39am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello and welcome to the website. To be fair, he never said he received your son's title. He said they gave him the vacant welterweight title after he lost. Other than that, I understand your frustration because he does say your son's win was controversial.

Posted On:
    3/18/2012 1:38am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank You for replying, the IBO does not just give out titles there are sanctioning fees that the promoter has to pay in order to hold a title fight. The fees put out are part of the promotion and the promoter relies on attendance, of which both Scott and Michael had great attendance and support, food and drinks to make back the fees, pay the commission, sanctioning body, which includes the actual belt, the fighters, the venue and himself. The promoter of this fight is a well known former PA State Police Criminal Investigator with a rock-solid, clean reputation who still promotes professional bouts and manages a few current contenders, there would have been no chance of any wrong doing.
    If for some reason the IBO gave Michael an IBO Welterweight Title or Belt, it would have had nothing to do with his loss to Scott the IBO clearly agreed and publicly acknowledged, that Scott won.
    It is not frustration, it is disappointment if this is really Michael writing this, because no where, no one, no judge, commission, sanctioning body ever doubted the clear victory Scott won.
    On the same note no one, including us ever doubted that Michael fought a great fight, but all great fights have a winner and a loser, some may have controversial outcomes, this bout had none, I have every newspaper article written on this bout, even the article from Boxing News Mag, no one cast any doubt that Scott had won this fight fair and square.
    Again, I will say that if Michael is to be judged by this mis-information for a business he is successfully operating at this time that would be wrong, let the past (1997)be put to rest and judge Michael on what he does in the area of martial arts today.
    In this country, as the economy creates more crime everyday, we need good schools in order to prepare people to defend themselves in everyday real life.
    Boxing is not the route to prepare those that are looking to defend themselves against attackers, martial arts is the way, it teaches one how to avoid confrontations while at the same time teaching one how to prepare and act when all else fails. Martial Arts will give the average person an edge, not boxing because most people want to learn too late in life. A professional boxer starts a career at a young age and those real Professional Boxers can hold their own against any form of self-defense. When we ran our school, a little too long ago than I would like to remember, we had specail training for older people looking to learn Karate. We would not expect someone (50) years + to execute jumping side and/or front kicks to the head of a six foot opponent. We concentrated on the groin, shins, knee caps, instep, etc, places they were physically able to execute a blow.
    So Michael does not need to tarnish Scotts victory over him to be considered good at what he does today because a title would not make a difference for him. We understand he runs a great school and again let him help both young and old alike to compete and/or defend themselves.
    Quite frankly, I still find it hard to believe Michael would make these comments.
    Thank you for taking the time to read my reply.
    God Bless
    Mike DePompe

Posted On:
    3/30/2012 4:59am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi all,

I haven't had chance to read this full thread yet, but if there's anything I can do to help - let me know. I help run BoxRec so happy to provide any assistance. One thing I will say; we are sometimes reliant on others to provide information, so sometimes spurious bouts appear (you'd be amazed at the lengths some go to to pretend they had bouts) but I can raise a case on our Records forum.

I'll try and have a read at lunchtime and see if there's any others I can help with.

Regards

Posted On:
    3/30/2012 10:52am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A search of your records for the fights of Michael Corleone and Michael cavuto would be quite useful. Michael, if your real name is different please tell us. We would like to give you the benefit of the doubt.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    4/13/2012 2:23am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm pretty happy how this all turned out.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast