Page 4 of 7 First 1234567 Last
  1. #31

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    W. NC
    Posts
    5
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DePompe, who weighs 144 pounds, became IBA champ in April, '97 at Fernwood. Despite being so battered that he took 42 stitches after the fight, he fended off then-champ Michael Corleone for 12 rounds to claim the crown.
    From the October 16, 1999 Pocono record. Can't post links - found it with the google search terms Michael Corleone boxer poconos. For me, it was the 5th result on the first page. YMMV. He also has more than a few pics, including at least a couple with him wearing a title belt, on his myspace page (1corleone).

  2. #32
    King Sleepless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,058
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayo Boxing View Post
    No Ming, I was just stating unlike some fighters who only fight on their own shows or fight on shows that are promoted by their own promoter. I fought anywhere anytime on any promotion. I was not challenging who this was to a fight. The guy is probably not even a fighter.
    I actually am. But that's a totally awesome example of ad hominem. See folks?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fudorf View Post
    From the October 16, 1999 Pocono record. Can't post links - found it with the google search terms Michael Corleone boxer poconos. For me, it was the 5th result on the first page. YMMV. He also has more than a few pics, including at least a couple with him wearing a title belt, on his myspace page (1corleone).
    Right... but if you look at my first post, he claims to have the IBO welterweight title, but according to boxrec and what you've posted, he didn't win the IBO welterweight title. He in fact lost it. I'm not too terribly interested in the kickboxing titles because kickboxing record keeping is **** anyway and anybody can make a "title fight" happen.

    So did you or did you not win the IBO welterweight title?

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Garden City Park
    Posts
    6
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fact is I lost the IBO Jr. Welterweight Title in a VERY controversial decision. After the president IBO John Dadano came up to my table the next morning where I was having breakfast with my team. He apologize for the wrongful decision and offered me the Welterweight title. If I had a good manager we would have declined and fought him again, but I was basically self managed. I figured I was going to get big fights after that, but instead I got used as a stepping stone for guys like Mikkel Kessler, Jose River, Raul Frank, Adrian Stone and Yuri Forman just to name a few for little money and short notice. The fight business is NOT a game ! ! !

  4. #34
    Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge. Join us... or die
    Gabetuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    3,295
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kayo,

    Firstly, most of the regular posters (Sirc can be counted among them) ARE fighters. We tend to be a community of people who actually throw down, rather than keyboard warriors who nitpick from the sidelines. Though don't get me wrong, there's always a percentage of them everywhere.

    Secondly, thanks for the explanation. Also, this is your record?

    http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...5518&cat=boxer

    Edit: Easy on the eyes version - http://boxrec.com/prt.php?human_id=15518&cat=boxer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.



  5. #35
    Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc. supporting member
    Ke?poFist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,920
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayo Boxing View Post
    The fact is I lost the IBO Jr. Welterweight Title in a VERY controversial decision. After the president IBO John Dadano came up to my table the next morning where I was having breakfast with my team. He apologize for the wrongful decision and offered me the Welterweight title. If I had a good manager we would have declined and fought him again, but I was basically self managed. I figured I was going to get big fights after that, but instead I got used as a stepping stone for guys like Mikkel Kessler, Jose River, Raul Frank, Adrian Stone and Yuri Forman just to name a few for little money and short notice. The fight business is NOT a game ! ! !
    Wow, so the judges scored with bias/incorrectly, and the promoter overruled the decision?
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee


  6. #36
    Snake Plissken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,553
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ke?poFist View Post
    Wow, so the judges scored with bias/incorrectly, and the promoter overruled the decision?
    No, if I read this correctly, he lost the decision in the Junior Welterweight (Super Lightweight, which is like 140lbs) title match and the, the morning after the loss, promoter offered to award him the title for the next-higher weight class, which was Welterweight (147 lbs)

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Garden City Park
    Posts
    6
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No that cannot and has never been done. To compensate the IBO presented me with moving up to welterweight and naming their vacant intercontinental welterweight champ without having to fight anyone for that belt. Like I said it wasn't the wisest decision I made.

  8. #38
    King Sleepless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,058
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So then why are you claiming the welterweight title even though you lost the welterweight title?

  9. #39
    PointyShinyBurn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    4,220
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    So then why are you claiming the welterweight title even though you lost the welterweight title?
    He held it and then he lost it.

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Garden City Park
    Posts
    6
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like I said the fight was for the jr.welterweight title and ifb I moved up to welterweight. They would name me their welterweight intercontinental champion. I should have just requested a rematch (a mistake).

Page 4 of 7 First 1234567 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO