Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 567 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/22/2011 8:34pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DePompe, who weighs 144 pounds, became IBA champ in April, '97 at Fernwood. Despite being so battered that he took 42 stitches after the fight, he fended off then-champ Michael Corleone for 12 rounds to claim the crown.
    From the October 16, 1999 Pocono record. Can't post links - found it with the google search terms Michael Corleone boxer poconos. For me, it was the 5th result on the first page. YMMV. He also has more than a few pics, including at least a couple with him wearing a title belt, on his myspace page (1corleone).

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    9/22/2011 11:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayo Boxing View Post
    No Ming, I was just stating unlike some fighters who only fight on their own shows or fight on shows that are promoted by their own promoter. I fought anywhere anytime on any promotion. I was not challenging who this was to a fight. The guy is probably not even a fighter.
    I actually am. But that's a totally awesome example of ad hominem. See folks?

Quote Originally Posted by Fudorf View Post
    From the October 16, 1999 Pocono record. Can't post links - found it with the google search terms Michael Corleone boxer poconos. For me, it was the 5th result on the first page. YMMV. He also has more than a few pics, including at least a couple with him wearing a title belt, on his myspace page (1corleone).
    Right... but if you look at my first post, he claims to have the IBO welterweight title, but according to boxrec and what you've posted, he didn't win the IBO welterweight title. He in fact lost it. I'm not too terribly interested in the kickboxing titles because kickboxing record keeping is **** anyway and anybody can make a "title fight" happen.

So did you or did you not win the IBO welterweight title?

Posted On:
    9/23/2011 6:45am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: KAYO Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fact is I lost the IBO Jr. Welterweight Title in a VERY controversial decision. After the president IBO John Dadano came up to my table the next morning where I was having breakfast with my team. He apologize for the wrongful decision and offered me the Welterweight title. If I had a good manager we would have declined and fought him again, but I was basically self managed. I figured I was going to get big fights after that, but instead I got used as a stepping stone for guys like Mikkel Kessler, Jose River, Raul Frank, Adrian Stone and Yuri Forman just to name a few for little money and short notice. The fight business is NOT a game ! ! !

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    9/23/2011 9:12am

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kayo,

Firstly, most of the regular posters (Sirc can be counted among them) ARE fighters. We tend to be a community of people who actually throw down, rather than keyboard warriors who nitpick from the sidelines. Though don't get me wrong, there's always a percentage of them everywhere.

Secondly, thanks for the explanation. Also, this is your record?

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...5518&cat=boxer

Edit: Easy on the eyes version - http://boxrec.com/prt.php?human_id=15518&cat=boxer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    9/23/2011 9:33am

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayo Boxing View Post
    The fact is I lost the IBO Jr. Welterweight Title in a VERY controversial decision. After the president IBO John Dadano came up to my table the next morning where I was having breakfast with my team. He apologize for the wrongful decision and offered me the Welterweight title. If I had a good manager we would have declined and fought him again, but I was basically self managed. I figured I was going to get big fights after that, but instead I got used as a stepping stone for guys like Mikkel Kessler, Jose River, Raul Frank, Adrian Stone and Yuri Forman just to name a few for little money and short notice. The fight business is NOT a game ! ! !
    Wow, so the judges scored with bias/incorrectly, and the promoter overruled the decision?
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    9/23/2011 10:31am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ke?poFist View Post
    Wow, so the judges scored with bias/incorrectly, and the promoter overruled the decision?
    No, if I read this correctly, he lost the decision in the Junior Welterweight (Super Lightweight, which is like 140lbs) title match and the, the morning after the loss, promoter offered to award him the title for the next-higher weight class, which was Welterweight (147 lbs)

Posted On:
    9/23/2011 10:54am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No that cannot and has never been done. To compensate the IBO presented me with moving up to welterweight and naming their vacant intercontinental welterweight champ without having to fight anyone for that belt. Like I said it wasn't the wisest decision I made.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    9/23/2011 11:48am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So then why are you claiming the welterweight title even though you lost the welterweight title?

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    9/23/2011 12:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    So then why are you claiming the welterweight title even though you lost the welterweight title?
    He held it and then he lost it.

Posted On:
    9/23/2011 12:12pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like I said the fight was for the jr.welterweight title and ifb I moved up to welterweight. They would name me their welterweight intercontinental champion. I should have just requested a rematch (a mistake).
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 567 LastLast