Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 9:19am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi

Some of those vids are really quite funny, but I would say that the guys and girl doing the Chi Sau competition stuff are at least putting themselves out there and having a go.

As for the two Chunners doing the demos yes, it is pretty unrealistic, but they are trying to get a message across. Personally I would say that both guys are skilful and can in all probability fight pretty hard for real if they had to. I wish I was as fast.

As an aside, I did actually train for one of those Chi Sau competitions once although I did not end up competing. The training was good fun and much more realistic than a lot that goes on at WC school so it probably should be encouraged.

And on the triangle stance, that is a training stance, most chunners will have one foot forwards with either 50/50 weight distribution or a bit more on the back foot. Some a lot more on the back foot.

All the best

Berni

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 9:31am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by berni29 View Post
    Hi

Some of those vids are really quite funny, but I would say that the guys and girl doing the Chi Sau competition stuff are at least putting themselves out there and having a go.
    Nope, this logic has helped to stigmatize Chinese Martial Arts.

he training was good fun and much more realistic than a lot that goes on at WC school so it probably should be encouraged.
    Learning how to spar and fight wrong is incorrect no matter how much fun it is and it should not be encouraged.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 9:37am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    There's an entire thread on this guy. Hey was the one that got the bullshido video account pulled from youtube IIRC.
    think I found it now Sifu Justin Och right? he got the bullshido account pulled, what an ass!

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 10:00am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 1:14pm

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi

As for the two Chunners doing the demos yes, it is pretty unrealistic, but they are trying to get a message across. Personally I would say that both guys are skilful and can in all probability fight pretty hard for real if they had to. I wish I was as fast.

As an aside, I did actually train for one of those Chi Sau competitions once although I did not end up competing. The training was good fun and much more realistic than a lot that goes on at WC school so it probably should be encouraged.

And on the triangle stance, that is a training stance, most chunners will have one foot forwards with either 50/50 weight distribution or a bit more on the back foot. Some a lot more on the back foot.

All the best

Berni
    Oh my, just shut the **** up already. They are not giving it a go. Wing Chun is fucking retarded and encourages behaviour contrary to human self defense instincts , let alone martial arts that have actually been proven to work.

:)

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 4:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Having a go at something athletic is admirable. That doesn't mean it's fighting, or very close to it. It's a very narrow application of certain techniques, that without the restrictions, play a small part only, in fighting ability.
    Being that fast is predicated on the assumption, that the guy will freeze with his arms out upon the first strike. Watch the videos again, but only watch the other guy...the one who get's taken out. Watch as the Sifu starts throwing, his arms go out, and he becomes pliable, and complacent. He's enabling poor technique to look effective.
    It does look fun, and competing against others would inspire better training...but better for resistant push hands stuff...still not very martial, considering the full potential range of unarmed combat.
    "train the way you fight, fight the way you train".
    Last edited by bobyclumsyninja; 7/15/2011 4:41pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 6:13pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    Having a go at something athletic is admirable.
    No, it depends on the situation. Making a competition out of a drill and having people all over the world relate it to fighting is stupid and not admirable.

This belief about Chi Sao is worldwide.

:)

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 6:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    No, it depends on the situation. Making a competition out of a drill and having people all over the world relate it to fighting is stupid and not admirable.

This belief about Chi Sao is worldwide.
    Yeah, that's a sad story.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 11:42pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    LOL @ pedo nut grope at 1:25 into this video.

Don't feel too bad. Those videos look like they have been sped up at key moments to make it look like the techniques are done faster.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 11:50pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh no why? One of our worst chun nutriders, who already posted in this thread, trains at that school.
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast