Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/03/2012 5:10am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The first jab is easy enough; use a short step to bring your body mass into it. In The double jab making the second one quick and powerful is a bit tricky. After the first jab you need to rotate back your shoulders to a frontal position before u send the second one, the power will come from rotating your torso. A tip, if you want it to be really strong i drop my weight slightly by spreading my stance as i punch, i dont know why it works because the weight comes down, but it works. Final tip, there is an optimum distance where your punch is hardest, thats usually when you hear the satisfying "thump" on the pad or bag, your technique can be great but if you don't optimize the distance you are going to lose most of the power.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    5/03/2012 10:08am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FarisadDin View Post
    Who here reading this knows of anyone who punches as hard with their jab or harder than Holmes? I cant think of anyone who can snap it out as quickly and powerfully as Holmes.
    I'm thinking George Foreman. He was knocking people out with jabs.
    Last edited by slamdunc; 5/03/2012 10:17am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 2:25pm

Style: FMA/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Push off with your back foot, get your weight shifting forward. You end up fairly heavy on your lead leg. Body torques, turning almost sideways to your opponent. Arm whips out, good tension on impact. Really try to penetrate, and make your opponent absorb your body weight, as well as the pop of the arm extension.

Take a look at how sideways Bowe gets at 28 seconds. The lunge, lean, and torque at 46, and again with Lewis at 2:59. Without ridiculous mass of Foreman, or the blinding speed of Holmes, this is the only way I feel like I can get tons of heat on my jab.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 3:35pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RynoGreene View Post
    Without ridiculous mass of Foreman, or the blinding speed of Holmes, this is the only way I feel like I can get tons of heat on my jab.
    That is part of what made the greats great. I enjoyed watching boxing more between the 70's and early 90's. Not to take anything away from today's champions and up-and-comers, but I just can't identify with most of them.
  5. armchairwarrior

Posted On:
    7/21/2012 12:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holmes had the most powerful jab for sure, but the way Ali is completely controlling the fight with his jab has the greatest implications for an MMA fighter. Watch how Ali jabs, snapping Fraiser's head back, throwing Fraiser off his game, then tying him up in a clinch.

If they were MMA, could Fraiser take down Ali with that jab constantly harassing him? No way.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    7/21/2012 4:32am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by armchairwarrior View Post
    Holmes had the most powerful jab for sure
    He is the number one jabber of the top five.
    the way Ali is completely controlling the fight with his jab has the greatest implications for an MMA fighter. Watch how Ali jabs, snapping Fraiser's head back, throwing Fraiser off his game, then tying him up in a clinch.
    Ali was an artist for sure; his demeanor was distracting to his opponents as well.
    If they were MMA, could Fraiser take down Ali with that jab constantly harassing him?
    Hard to say for sure; that is an apples to oranges comparison. I'm thinking probably not, but who really knows.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12