My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    9/16/2011 1:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shams1988 View Post
    I am really sorry to not have given any background information on why I did what I did (challenge these people).

Let me start by saying this is south asia. Few people have the internet. No one knows what mma/groundfighting/muaythai full contact fighting is. Heck half of them dont even know what the internet is in bangladesh. We just got cable internet a year back lol.

People in this dojo have a huge ego. Their karatekas are known for throwing lines like " Don't mess with us, we can break bricks with our heads." and " Kyokushin is the BE$T martial art in the world".

I am just a young martial artist in Bangladesh trying to educate the MA community here that the world has advanced a lot. Words CANNOT do that. I want to do what Gracie family did for america and to do that I know I'm not educated enough in the ground game and such but I am willing to travel and learn.....but somehow I have to bring in some enlightenment for the future development of my country. People here (in my country) think,act,talk differently from an average educated American. Keep that into consideration before posting.
    That is an admirable goal but you got to work on the delivery. Just running up an challenging schools out of the blue will just make you look like a thug. You can ask for a sparring session or you can hold an "open mat" at your own school and that way the people who show up may be more inclined to have a go under your ruleset. However before you do any of that you need to be knowledgeable enough to both know what you are talking about and actually apply it. The Gracies were doing what they were doing for over 60 yrs before they came to America.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    9/16/2011 1:20pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its not worthwhile to specify MMA if you don't have a grappling background, unless you want it to turn into a Leung Ting/Boztepe style fight where you both squeeze dumb headlocks on each other while your legs flail until you're both breathing hard from using too much energy.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/16/2011 1:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wado-Ryu Karate

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I already fought under kickboxing rule at a full-contact club not far away from my dojo. They let me spar with one of their best. He couldn't land a single punch on me. I should have videoed it. I'm not saying I'm good or anything but NOT A SINGLE PUNCH. I just want to point out the reasons why I think this is a McDojo.

1. Students have huge ego
    2. Technique not good enough at black belt level
    3. Is not accepting a fight from student of another dojo
    4. Fist fights at clinch range

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/16/2011 1:37pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Enough judo done here to grapple.....but no I'm no a BJJ student.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/16/2011 1:43pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.tacticalkravmaga.com.au/locations.html

BULLSHIDO IS TAKING OVER MY COUNTRY.......PLEASE HELP.....

These guys just gave a few kids license to teach krav maga to civilians here.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2011 1:44pm

Style: Koei Kan Karatedo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @ Shams ego does not matter most senseis dont care as long as students that are there listen to him or her. There is no standard for a black belt that is how mcdojos strive. Not all dojos now a days accept challenges. And lastly that is basic kyokushin rules for stand up fighting just research it and youll see.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    9/16/2011 1:46pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not saying I'm good or anything but NOT A SINGLE PUNCH. I just want to point out the reasons why I think this is a McDojo.

1. Students have huge ego
    2. Technique not good enough at black belt level
    -you posted a video of your own black belt test and seemed to agree with a number of people that your techniques weren't good enough at black belt.
    -your going on about how you're so much greater despite your footage being less impressive suggests you've got quite an ego.

3. Is not accepting a fight from student of another dojo
    I don't think there's some kind of karate law that means you have to accept MMA challenge matches.
    4. Fist fights at clinch range
    Well, Kyokushin.

Enough judo done here to grapple.....but no I'm no a BJJ student.
    Okay, so you've got some grappling experience. Does your opponent? You're calling him out on his karate, no? I don't see how MMA is a better venue for this than a karate match.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/16/2011 1:55pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok then the verdict has been carried out. This is not a McDojo. No reason for me to challange anyone. Now to move onto some more important matters

http://www.tacticalkravmaga.com.au/locations.html

The place is called combat gym. Part gym part martial art studio that teaches krav maga .....should I start a whole new thread on this topic. The link I provided is of their headquarters. Now these guys ought to take up a fight :)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/16/2011 1:59pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ""-you posted a video of your own black belt test and seemed to agree with a number of people that your techniques weren't good enough at black belt.
    -your going on about how you're so much greater despite your footage being less impressive suggests you've got quite an ego.""

I never said I was greater. I am just saying I am winning against people with my not so awesome technique which makes me think that their institute/club/dojo is a mcdojo. A real institute/club/dojo would have put up a better fight against someone so average.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2011 10:16am

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ""-you posted a video of your own black belt test and seemed to agree with a number of people that your techniques weren't good enough at black belt.
    -your going on about how you're so much greater despite your footage being less impressive suggests you've got quite an ego.""

I never said I was greater. I am just saying I am winning against people with my not so awesome technique which makes me think that their institute/club/dojo is a mcdojo. A real institute/club/dojo would have put up a better fight against someone so average.
    You've gone from calling bullshido on your own school, to someone else's school, to Krav Maga. Bullshido or not, you sir are a douchebag. Star pupil? You're what, 22-24? You sound like an arrogant butthurt teenager. STFU and go train.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast