Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/14/2011 6:58pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wado-Ryu Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyways my question is. Is this bullshido kyokushin.........I have heard of kyokushin being all that in the realms of karate but it just doesn't show. I mean .....what the hell are they doing trying to poke each other in the solar plexus (or their nipples) from such a close distance where most fights would end up in a clinch blah blah blah .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/14/2011 7:51pm

Style: Kyokushin

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, I'll take a stab at it-
    If my Shihan had a student like that brown belt, making fists with his thumb sticking out, he would stop the fight, come over and grab that thumb and twist until the guy squealed. A brown belt should know better- that'll get his thumb broken if he is punching hard with that. They seem to be going light, though that may be deceptive. I am not particularly impressed but honestly I'd have to go there to see. I also don't know how many fights that blackbelt had done at his testing. If he's on fight #38 out of 50 total, then that's your answer.
    This looks more like class kumite though, and they might have been instructed to go light. There could be a number of reasons. It might be harder than it looks. I don't know. I think I'd have to fight a couple of them to tell you.

Now, as for your "challenge," would you challenge a football team to tennis to see if they were good football players? Kyokushin is stand-up only, not grappling, so challenging them to a match that has grappling to determine whether or not they are good at Kyokushin is kinda dumb. Go learn Kyokushin fighting rules, then go fight them with those rules, and see how long you last.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/14/2011 7:55pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=Now, as for your "challenge," would you challenge a football team to tennis to see if they were good football players? Kyokushin is stand-up only, not grappling, so challenging them to a match that has grappling to determine whether or not they are good at Kyokushin is kinda dumb. Go learn Kyokushin fighting rules, then go fight them with those rules, and see how long you last.[/QUOTE]

So your telling me kyokushin is a mere sport these days?

Posted On:
    9/14/2011 7:58pm

Style: BJJ/MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shams1988 View Post
    So your telling me kyokushin is a mere sport these days?
    Kind of like MMA, huh?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/14/2011 8:04pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I could have included eye gouging, groin attacks and such in our agreement but the thing is they aren't responding to mma rules so would they EVER respond to an all out street fight.....MMA is mearly another sport that I agree but your defending a fighting art with stupid logic. Apparently I heard they don't even take challenges from boxers cause they are I dont know .........

Posted On:
    9/14/2011 8:35pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I could have included eye gouging, groin attacks and such in our agreement but the thing is they aren't responding to mma rules so would they EVER respond to an all out street fight.....MMA is mearly another sport that I agree but your defending a fighting art with stupid logic. Apparently I heard they don't even take challenges from boxers cause they are I dont know .........
    Every martial art that has a "sport form" has certain rules. BJJ and Judo don't contain striking in competition, in boxing you don't strike below the belt and in Kyokushin you don't punch to the face. A boxer and a kyokushin karateka(?) would have a hard time coming up with a ruleset that would be equitable.

Posted On:
    9/14/2011 9:28pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This Grandmaster Professor Dr. Yuree guy is hilarious, maybe you should open an investigation thread about him in the MABS forum. Just make sure you read the forum stickies to make it a legitimate investigation, otherwise the thread will get moved to YMAS forum. I'm not sure how he fits into the whole Kyokushin thing though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/15/2011 2:22pm

Style: TSD, Karate & Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So are you asking if Kyokushin is bullshido? Or if that club that you've posted is?

Cause the clip from the Euro competitions says that the art ain't (imo).

Posted On:
    9/15/2011 2:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    competition != sparring

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    9/15/2011 2:45pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I explained the guy the rules. Haven't got a reply ever since.
    But you're a mcdojo karateka. Why would you opt to expand the rules to the clinch and ground when you're almost certainly bad at both of those things, since you're both karate fighters?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast