Page 3 of 6 First 123456 Last
  1. #21

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,633
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    You get driven into a wood wall every friday?
    Small dojo. The walls are somewhat padded, but yes, I've been smashed into the walls more than I can count.

  2. #22
    King Sleepless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,058
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Res Judicata View Post
    That osoto was pretty dickish. The rest looked like what we like to call "Friday."
    Wuss. That Osoto was perfect.

  3. #23
    King Sleepless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,058
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Wasn't sure whether to post this in the hardcore instructor thread or not, but I'll put it here.



    Proper Judo.
    That's what my judo class looks like.

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,633
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    Wuss. That Osoto was perfect.
    It was, but its still kind of dickish to nail him just he was getting up.

  5. #25
    King Sleepless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,058
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Res Judicata View Post
    It was, but its still kind of dickish to nail him just he was getting up.
    No way. It's randori, not patty cake.

  6. #26
    Permalost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    13,092
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    This is a karate dojo, not a knitting circle!

  7. #27
    Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc. supporting member
    Ke?poFist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,919
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    Until next time: this was a friendly reminder to the bullshido community that you are always reaching for the lowest hanging fruit.
    I find the efficiency of reaching the lowest hanging fruit makes me smarter than you who keeps reaching for what's higher despite it being the exact same thing. It's ok, I'm sure someone will respect your tenacity to strive for what's simply out of reach while I enjoy my tasty snack.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee


  8. #28
    judoka_uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,611
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well it really depends on what kind of randori you're doing, day to day randori should be 60%.

    If you're training for contest, or something specific you can get as rough as you like.

    As hedge trains on mats laid down in the middle of a sports hall he probably hasn't come across the wall issues.

    If you train somewhere where the mat runs up to the wall its pretty common to throw people into it if you're being competitive or noobs aren't aware of their surroundings.

    I've never straight up charged someone off the mat and into a wall like that, but I've thrown people into them and been thrown into them.

    As for the O soto, well it is an important skill to be able to knock someone down and then throw them if they're one on knee. He didn't do that though, he threw him then dragged him to his knees and threw him again, which could be a dick move, depends on the randori context.

  9. #29
    alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    8,202
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    This time, let's keep the "no U" comments to a minimum, unless they're especially clever, okay?
    no u, FUCKFACE

  10. #30
    King Sleepless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,058
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Well it really depends on what kind of randori you're doing, day to day randori should be 60%.

    If you're training for contest, or something specific you can get as rough as you like.

    As hedge trains on mats laid down in the middle of a sports hall he probably hasn't come across the wall issues.

    If you train somewhere where the mat runs up to the wall its pretty common to throw people into it if you're being competitive or noobs aren't aware of their surroundings.

    I've never straight up charged someone off the mat and into a wall like that, but I've thrown people into them and been thrown into them.

    As for the O soto, well it is an important skill to be able to knock someone down and then throw them if they're one on knee. He didn't do that though, he threw him then dragged him to his knees and threw him again, which could be a dick move, depends on the randori context.
    I like to practice wall ramming especially in MMA. I can't tell you how many times during MMA practice at Omega's place in the cage I have successfully used the wall ramming technique to set up like WWF style fantastical Seoi Nage, Harai goshi, Uchi mata and O goshi since most dudes are used to being pressured against the cage, they push forward A LOT which leads me to just go full out 100% Kodokan Blood Judo on them.

    But yeah, you get put into the wall if you are stupid and don't have good footwork. It actually teaches you to use your space effectively.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ke?poFist View Post
    I find the efficiency of reaching the lowest hanging fruit makes me smarter than you who keeps reaching for what's higher despite it being the exact same thing. It's ok, I'm sure someone will respect your tenacity to strive for what's simply out of reach while I enjoy my tasty snack.
    When I reach my fruit it'll be tastier, juicier and much more delicious.

Page 3 of 6 First 123456 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO