I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    9/13/2011 7:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    You really shouldn't talk about your right hand like that.
    I'm a lefty.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    9/13/2011 7:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    I'm actually quite nice and considerate on the mat, I tend not to verbally or physically abuse people, no matter how much the deserve it or I want to.

Maybe I should start being more of a ****.
    True story:

One time I side-kicked a guy who was trying to flying knee me, he jumped too high and I hit him in the balls. He was not wearing a cup. Omega laughed hysterically and gave me a high five.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/14/2011 2:23am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys are allowed to use safewords? Oh man.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    9/14/2011 2:37am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    Look, I know you're jesting. But let me tell you this. I don't know how he does it, but he sends me photos of me being in my late 20's, balding, slightly overweight and with a girlfriend that I "settled" for. Our relationship is a mere mockery of what I truly desire. Mostly because I know I can't actually do any better and this is pretty much the plateau of what I've become. I work at a job that I hate unable to do the things that I have a passion for. So I start drinking and smoking weed as a way to escape the bitter realities of becoming a dreamless, useless drone. Punching the card, pushing the buttons, day by day, my choices and emotions harden in a rhythmic metronome of mediocrity. I try to look back and wonder where I gave up and gave in to the system having lost the fire that drove me to my past achievements and triumphs, but it's obscured in a foggy mist of bills and expectations from a girlfriend who is so terrified of being alone she hasn't spent more than 3 days without me by her side. I find myself hiding in the bathroom feigning stomach issues so I can have some time alone. Sometimes I wake up a half hour or so before the alarm goes off and take those precious few moments to live in a world where nobody needs me and expects from me. It's ruined by her shrill unattractive voice and the slopping sound of her sloughing off the sheets as she ungracefully rolls out of bed like a larvae escaping its cocoon. I wonder if I'm impotent or just absolutely a shell of a man. She has assassinated my sexual identity and I have lost my dreams.

Omega's a real artist, I tell ya.
    You think a woman is bad? Just wait until you have kids. I used to be somebody. Now I'm a soulless automaton whose life revolves around soccer practice and kids birthday parties.

It's mostly because I refuse to tap to chokes. I feel that only a weaker man would do that. It's not just him, in Judo as well I do this.
    Heh. As a white belt, I got choked unconscious from refusing to tap to chokes so many times, my instructor told me he would suspend me for six months if I didn't start tapping to them.

I always thought I could fight out of it if I . . .

*snore/drool

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    9/14/2011 2:52am

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It depends, if I know that the choke is picture perfect applied, I tap. (see RNC)

If there's some wiggle space it's going to be a long fight until I turn purple, but I still have to be careful with that attitude.
    Over a year ago a n00b got me in a RNC, but he applied it on my chin instead of my neck. I didn't tap, but now as a party trick I can dislocate my jaw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    9/14/2011 6:06am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If someone is jaw locking you, making no attempt to fix the choke, and you can't get out, don't just tap. Tap and tell them they were doing a bloody jaw lock.

For ages I thought I had an awesome RNC. Then one day I was choking out this French guy, and after tapping he says to me "no, no, no, zat was not ze schoke" and explains to me where I was going wrong and how it was a foul. After that, any time I got a tap from an RNC I would ask if I actually had the choke on. About half the time the reply I got was "em, not really but it was very sore." Brilliant. I'd spent ages doing the thing wrong and nobody had bothered to tell me.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    9/14/2011 6:18am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    For ages I thought I had an awesome RNC. Then one day I was choking out this French guy, and after tapping he says to me "no, no, no, zat was not ze schoke" and explains to me where I was going wrong and how it was a foul. After that, any time I got a tap from an RNC I would ask if I actually had the choke on. About half the time the reply I got was "em, not really but it was very sore." Brilliant. I'd spent ages doing the thing wrong and nobody had bothered to tell me.
    It's they who are doing something wrong, in imagining that tucking their chin is a defence to the RNC. In demonstrating that this is wrong, you are in fact doing them a favour.

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    9/14/2011 6:51am

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't say that I tucked my chin in, I said that he applied it to my chin. My neck was completely free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:

Posted On:
    9/14/2011 7:34am

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So failed future sirc is me but he has a girlfriend.

I once had an instructor that abused me for three days for tapping out to a standing guilatine choke.

Otherwise I don't need to be yelled at. I train because I am inspired by the team that I train with and I do not want to let them down by being the guy who makes hard stuff harder by quitting or complaining.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/14/2011 9:47am

Style: KK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Look, I know you're jesting. But let me tell you this. I don't know how he does it, but he sends me photos of me being in my late 20's, balding, slightly overweight and with a girlfriend that I "settled" for. Our relationship is a mere mockery of what I truly desire. Mostly because I know I can't actually do any better and this is pretty much the plateau of what I've become. I work at a job that I hate unable to do the things that I have a passion for. So I start drinking and smoking weed as a way to escape the bitter realities of becoming a dreamless, useless drone. Punching the card, pushing the buttons, day by day, my choices and emotions harden in a rhythmic metronome of mediocrity. I try to look back and wonder where I gave up and gave in to the system having lost the fire that drove me to my past achievements and triumphs, but it's obscured in a foggy mist of bills and expectations from a girlfriend who is so terrified of being alone she hasn't spent more than 3 days without me by her side. I find myself hiding in the bathroom feigning stomach issues so I can have some time alone. Sometimes I wake up a half hour or so before the alarm goes off and take those precious few moments to live in a world where nobody needs me and expects from me. It's ruined by her shrill unattractive voice and the slopping sound of her sloughing off the sheets as she ungracefully rolls out of bed like a larvae escaping its cocoon. I wonder if I'm impotent or just absolutely a shell of a man. She has assassinated my sexual identity and I have lost my dreams.

Omega's a real artist, I tell ya.
    I'm actually 30. And there's nothing wrong with weed, lol.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast