Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/20/2011 10:18pm

Style: Sambo n3wb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some food for thought:

Obviously nobody here will be able to give you a perfect answer because none of us know you and your medical history.

W.Rabbit and thorthe power have some pretty good suggestions.

From a medical point of view, I recommend going to your primary care physician with this as it could be a potentially urgent issue. It could also just be that you're out of shape.

In terms of breathing, your breaths should be rhythmic and relaxed. You should likely increase your cardio from just once a week. I recommend running since you can do breathing exercises at the same time. (EX: In-two-three; Out-two-three-four).

FYI - hyperventilation can cause everything you described.
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Posted On:
    10/04/2011 7:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Geese,
    I think you need to do strength exercises. Yoga or swimming are also great to exercises to deal with breathing issues. Besides workout do focus on diet meals also and avoid oily, junk and spicy food.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2011 8:58am

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Geese View Post
    I've just noticed something during training.

During the warm up sometimes I'm really out of breath. I feel a bit light headed and dizzy. But as the training night goes on even if we're doing hard drills and Kaeleientics (spelling sucks sorry) I feel alright.

The opening warm up really rocks me out of comfort.

Now of course during hard exercises and sparring I feel out of breath but not dizzy or light headed.

Any idea what's happening to me?
    Power walking. A challenging yet soft approach to the cardio issue.

Also, what MA do you actually do.

Posted On:
    10/04/2011 11:09am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    ...- Stretch before warmups to help circulation. ...
    Don't do this. This is a good way to get injured.
    Just start warming up before class starts and you should be fine.

Posted On:
    10/06/2011 6:55am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What do you eat before training and when?

Dizzyness can be caused by low blood sugar levels. This can occur if you train too quickly (within 1,5/2 hours) after eating, as blood flows primarily to your stomach. If you a meal with too many fast carbs (glucose, fructose) such as spaghetti, potatos, etc, the effect is even larger because of the insulin response, which lowers blood sugar.

If this is your eating pattern, changing your diet is the easiest way to fix it. Either eat earlier before training, or replace some of your carbs with beans. See: http://www.superfoodsrx.com/superfoo...ood-sugar.html

What do you eat before training and when?

Dizzyness can be caused by low blood sugar levels. This can occur if you train too quickly (within 1,5/2 hours) after eating, as blood flows primarily to your stomach. If you a meal with too many fast carbs (glucose, fructose) such as spaghetti, potatos, etc, the effect is even larger because of the insulin response, which lowers blood sugar.

If this is your eating pattern, changing your diet is the easiest way to fix it. Either eat earlier before training, or replace some of your carbs with beans. See: http://www.superfoodsrx.com/superfoo...ood-sugar.html
    Last edited by jnp; 11/08/2011 12:09am at .

Posted On:
    10/26/2011 12:46am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HI,
    I think you should be getting light headed, and dizzy during warm-ups.I would consult with a doctor about this if i were you and maybe even have then perform, some cardiac diagnostic exams ekg, Stress.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/26/2011 4:57pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hokuto Shin Ken

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for all the replies guys. At the moment I'm in between styles. I'm trying to branch into BJJ and I might go back to doing MT soon when i move house.

And I defo will get a cardio check up from a doctor

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/26/2011 5:07pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: NinBuKai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just a side-note no one else has addressed:
    What are you doing for your warm-ups? What do you do for your weekly cardio?

It sounds like there's a chance that perhaps the warm-ups are being done too intensely.

Posted On:
    10/26/2011 11:48pm

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was wondering about just what your warm ups consisted of too. Is there a lot of frequent level changes (getting up and going to the ground really fast) like burpies, squats, get ups, sprawls or deck squats? Those tend to give me a bit of dizzieness and light headedness for the first few reps.

The other issue I'm thinking is a possibility has been touched on already but here is a bit more on breathing. How is your breathing? Especially take note of exhaling during the movements. What most people tend to do is hold their breath thru exertion instead of exhaling thru it. The result is raised internal pressure (red in the face) and not enough oxygen in the lungs. Both will result in breathlessness and dizzy/light headedness.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 1:11am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: The art of No Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before, but if you get dizzy while quickly standing up from a seated position, have your BP checked. It's possible that as your workout goes on, adrenaline makes up for something else or helps to mask it or another symptom.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12