Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/13/2011 10:22pm

Style: BJJ Beginner

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Wtf is the problem?
    I have 4 but i wash them when i get home anyhow and they are dry by the next day, even the heavy ones.
    We have water issues in Perth and I am trying to be responsible and only wash my gear at the end of the week (Yes we do think about that stuff down here)

Quote Originally Posted by Katriona1992 View Post
    I recommend BJJHQ- one VERY cheap deal a day (even considering the $40 or so shipping fee they charge its still almost half the price of buying it anywhere else)

http://www.bjjhq.com/
    or http://tatamifightwear.com/product.php?id_product=111 - Basic but very sturdy Gi :)
    Thanks Katriona, I will keep tabs on that site in the future.

I actually think I am going to bite the bullet, the cheap gis I found through the Judo club dont work out to be much more expensive than buying anything else anyway and will probably last longer.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/14/2011 1:58am

Style: BJJ/MT/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At my gym our coach organises cheap Judo Gis for any new students who order. They cost under $40 here.
    Otherwise you get those blue workers pants that can fill in for gi pants and are much cheaper. One of my friends has been rocking those pants and a borrowed gi top for a year now. It turns out the borrowed gi doesn't seem to belong to anyone ( probably abandoned for a better one ) so now it's his for free.
    Ask your coach if there is a loaner gi top you can use at your gym. Otherwise just alternate gi and no-gi until you can get another one.
    Last edited by beardedtaco; 9/14/2011 2:02am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/14/2011 3:23am

Style: TSD, Karate & Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just throwing it out there, have you tried the likes of Ebay? There's quote a few Judo Gi's on there for sale and start around the 20 mark (ok, not heavy weight one's. But if you need something cheap and will last for a short while - depending on use...) in the UK. It may even be cheaper to purchase one from the UK and have it sent over to Oz.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/14/2011 3:33am

Style: Ju d'oh!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Auszi View Post
    Cheers Zendo, good idea.
    When I said cheap, I was thinking like Kmart cheap
    I don't know if anyone brought this up, but a piece of advice from a Bartitsu article suggested people simply remove the buttons (or zippers) from a jacket and sew up the pockets. I don't see why that couldn't work here with a nice cheap, loose, jacket.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/14/2011 9:07am

Style: Kendo, Krotty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personally, when it comes to dirt cheap double weaves I like Golden Tiger judogi. I can get a size 6 double weave from kungfu4less for all of 60bux, and the one I've been using in Judo for over a year is only showing wear on the collar where my sweaty, caustic skin touches it. It also survived a ravaging and dragging around the yard by a half-wolf wild dog with no damage other than a few blood spots.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/14/2011 10:09pm

Style: BJJ Beginner

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While we are on the subject of being tight arses, in the States is there a supplier of cheap, reasonable quality Rash tops for no-gi?

I have a friend coming and visiting from the States who could bring me one or two, and before anyone says anything about bringing a gi as well. He is already bringing me some other things and there is big difference size wise between a gi and rash top in a suitcase.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123