Sponsored Links Spacer Image

On hiatus

Posted On:
    9/18/2011 1:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lemme settle the bet then.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/18/2011 2:16pm

supporting member
     Style: belt and jacket wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was said before, but...

LEGAL? Yes
    LAME? Absolutely

PBF is a disgrace, regardless of whether he was following the rules.
    Last edited by blackmonk; 9/18/2011 2:16pm at . Reason: added a line

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2011 2:52pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sure it was bad that cortiz tried to headbutt him, but the KO wasmuch lamer.
    If I had paid to watch this thing I would be pretty angry i suppose, though the way ortiz eats the hook and seems to turn to cortez to do sth is hillarious.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/18/2011 3:45pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was dumb as **** from both sides. I am really disappointed that this is what I saw when I for once decided to actually tune into a boxing match. People get upset when Anderson Silva clowns around in the ring, this is a million times worse, and both Ortiz and PBF are to blame.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2011 6:28pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mayweather did what any pissed of boxer would do... He saw his chance and he took it. I'm still not convinced that the last headbutt actually landed. From the angle that I saw, it looked like Mayweather pretty much blocked it with his forearm. At the end, they had a swab on his chin, but there was no blood on it anywhere.

During the commentary, Mayweather stated that he was going to need stitches, but there didn't appear to be a scratch on his chin. If my assumptions are correct, then it's classic Mayweather and he's exploiting the headbutt penalty to Ortiz in order to justify his subsequent sucker punch. I think Mayweather is a great fighter, but I really wish that someone would finally beat the **** out of him and humble his ass.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2011 6:53pm

Style: Western Boxing, Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EmperorCesar View Post
    That was dumb as **** from both sides. I am really disappointed that this is what I saw when I for once decided to actually tune into a boxing match. People get upset when Anderson Silva clowns around in the ring, this is a million times worse, and both Ortiz and PBF are to blame.
    I'm perplexed by this sentiment, since I thought this was the best PPV in years.

We had three action-packed undercards. Morales fought a game Cano. Canelo exploded on Gomez in the 6the round. Even Vargas put on a show.

As for Mayweather-Ortiz, anyone who was following this fight knew it was going to be a circus. We just didn't think it would be this much of a circus. In this regard, I thought the main event exceeded expectations. Merchant's interview with Mayweather was just the cherry on top.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2011 7:07pm

Style: Issh"i"nryu fixed....

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seeing Larry Merchant's interview afterwards was worth the theoretical $70 I payed.

As for Mayweather's claim on Pac using roids... Here's a guy who has regular violent outbursts, mood swings, beats women, looks like chiseled marble even when he goes a year or more without a fight, had a sudden miraculous turn-around with the Vrolik syndrome in his hands, gets stronger and faster the older he gets, has shown a clear distain for sportsmenship, who's entire family are known drug users and criminals willing to do anything they can to get ahead, and stutters angrily trying to change the subject anytime someone says anything to him other than words of worship. He, THIS guy, has the nerve to claim someone ELSE is juicing. Mayweather is the worst thing to ever happen to boxing.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    9/18/2011 7:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i love mayweather, hes fucking hilarious. also hilarious how he owned that fucking wheezebag larry merchant, god i am sick of hearing that guy darth vader his way through interviews. he only does it because he thinks he is gods gift to commentating and has the right to steal everyone elses life by taking a fucking hour to say a sentence.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/18/2011 7:13pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mayweather is the worst thing to ever happen to boxing.
    I can see everything you said except for the emotional outburst of worst thing to happen in boxing.

I can't stand Merchant.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2011 7:56pm

Style: Western Boxing, Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mayweather is a heel. In that respect, he's good for boxing since people pay money to see him potentially lose. Actually, this is the only reason to pay to watch him, since his style is pretty damn boring.

Admittedly, I wish other fighters like Pongsaklek Wonjongkam and Sergio Martinez would get more due since I think they're just as good if not better than Mayweather.

But that just goes to show how much being a heel pays.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast