Administrator

Posted On:
    9/11/2011 7:38pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyone2 View Post
    Although I find your "highlighted passive aggression" funny and I mean that. I guess you have answered my last question on the whole civilized conversation thing...sooo And yes I think I did jump into the boat with you and for that I am embarresed. Now I am jumping ship, these conversations are not at all productive. Thanks to those who spoke with reason. and thanks to those who reminded me to behave. :)
    You jumped the shark when you defended Asher's challenge. That was long before we had a conversation.

Civility was lost when you started talking about sarcasm, cussing, showing up and crying.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/11/2011 7:46pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, let it be known Asher and luckyone2 are posting from the same computer. Wow. You let your son post that **** and then excuse his actions? You do understand he asked people to come down to the school to cause problems? I can excuse his stupidity, but not yours. That's the type of crap that leads to schools being closed and people getting hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyone2 View Post
    Young men who support and respect their instructors sometimes express there thoughts in a alpha mode. This is to be regarded as loyalty, a good character trait to develop.
    There are a bunch of dead mother fuckers who were raised with this thinking. No, it is not a good character trait. It is called posturing. Posturing has caused people's death in the past and in the future. Yes, even silly words over the internet.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 9/11/2011 7:55pm at .

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    9/11/2011 8:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

That's how a discussion works, for your information.

Now, no trash talk, or anything like that from me. Just a straight question, WHICH I HOPE YOU DON'T CONVENIENTLY IGNORE OR MISS. HERE IT GOES:

Who's your instructor's black belt from? My lineage goes Gracie> Carlos Machado > Tim Burrill > Me. Your turn.

FYI, this isn't funny to me. 4+ years of dedicating blood, sweat, and tears to earn my rank properly, and if someone is making up theirs or getting rank for one art and slapping my art's name on their black belt too, I take it very very personal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2011 10:03pm

Style: TKD BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, for the students who train with Miura, perhaps you can answer this question ...

In my school, I have a purple belt with a lineage that goes to Carlos Gracie ... if I decide to move from where I live to a new town and start at another BJJ school there, the instructor there would recognize my rank, and allow me to keep training as a purple belt. This is because my rank, and lineage, are recognized world wide. Also, one day, when I get my black belt, tournaments like the US Open, Mundials, etc now require IBJJF registration via a legitimate school, or you will not be allowed to compete. In summary, my lineage allows me into a world-wide BJJ community.

It has already been established that Miura is NOT a BJJ black belt. You argue that his skills are top notch ... but who cares? How do you feel that the rank you receive will not, and will NEVER be accepted by the BJJ community? That if you go to another school or even want to compete, you will essentially have to start from the beginning?

Personally, if this was me, I would be majorly pissed off. Part of paying tuition at a school is the presumption that your instructor has legitimate credentials, and that any credentials you get as a result of that (i.e. belts) will be recognized by others. It would be like if I found out my college was not allowed to confer degrees, and it screwed up my chances for a job, because nobody would recognize my bachelor's degree. It wouldn't matter if they taught great stuff ... in the end, you wouldn't be able to use your degree in a huge part of the community. Why would you pay for that?

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/11/2011 11:33pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very good point.

All I would add to your posts is that if he removed the BJJ and admitted his lineage there would be no issue at all. You analogy is a little off as well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/12/2011 1:13am

Style: TKD BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Very good point.

All I would add to your posts is that if he removed the BJJ and admitted his lineage there would be no issue at all. You analogy is a little off as well.
    thanks for the feedback :-) Your point is well taken ... especially since no one would have a problem with a sambo lineage that points to Gokor. Of course, now I'm too brain tired to think of another analogy, but hopefully Miura's students will get the gist ;-)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/12/2011 4:45pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I posted this in the other thread, but I am just a white belt and have not been training for very long. I do respect BJJ as it is one of the only arts that is not "sold out" and has integrity in their ranking system.

I received a business card for Perdigon a couple of weeks ago. I took it to my coach and asked if he knew this BJJ black belt Andrew Miura. My coach stated that he was absolutely positive that Mr. Miura was not a BJJ black belt. He told me that he met Mr. Miura in 2008 or so and that Mr. Miura was wearing a white belt in his class and trained only very briefly with my coach. I know 99% of people do not get black belts in BJJ in 3 years, so I started the investigating, emailing and started the other thread.

I must state that my coach said nothing negative about Mr. Miura, only facts about him.

I can't reveal where I train because my coach would be very upset about me starting this thread and quoting what he said. My coach is a respected BJJ coach and has a lineage that can be traced back to the Gracie family. That is all you need to know. I do not claim to be a coach or even have a colored belt in BJJ, so my lineage is not real important.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    9/12/2011 4:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol, bumgarner. i wonder if he gardens bums. geddit?

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    9/12/2011 4:56pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Very good point.

exactly.
    Not being a BJJ Black Belt doesn't automatically not make him a talented submission grappler.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/12/2011 4:56pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol, bumgarner. i wonder if he gardens bums. geddit?
    ^^^Best comment in the thread.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast