Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/11/2011 1:02am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Cull: Asher Bumgarner challneges everyone and doesn't understand Irony

Like James said, if anyone think Master Miura isn't who he says he is, come to our school, sign our waiver, and find out for yourself. You internet tough guys have no idea what will come down on your head if you tell him he isn't what he says he is, I, Asher Bumgarner, along with all the other students at Perdigon, invite you to our school to prove to everyone, and yourselves, that he isn't what he claims to be.

We'll be waiting.

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    9/11/2011 1:22am

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AsherB13 View Post
    Like James said, if anyone think Master Miura isn't who he says he is, come to our school, sign our waiver, and find out for yourself. You internet tough guys have no idea what will come down on your head if you tell him he isn't what he says he is, I, Asher Bumgarner, along with all the other students at Perdigon, invite you to our school to prove to everyone, and yourselves, that he isn't what he claims to be.

We'll be waiting.
    Again...

On his web site, he states:

In actuality, he has a black belt from Pitt's Pen's system.

A black belt from Pitt's Pen is not a black belt in Brazilian jiu Jitsu.

This doesn't mean Mr Miura lacks skill, talent, or teaching ability. It just means that he does not have a black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu as stated on his web site.

How are you guys not getting this?

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    9/11/2011 1:55am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

We'll be waiting.
    We are not questioning your instructor's skills or teaching ability. We are questioning whether he has a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and whether he can provide proof that he was a Ranger. Please tell me you understand the difference between these two things. He has stated on his website that he has a black belt in BJJ and was an Army Ranger. Therefore it's not unreasonable to ask him to provide proof of these claims.

I know I wouldn't hesitate to claim lineage from Gokor Chivichyan. I certainly don't hesitate to cite my own Machado lineage. So I'm a bit confused here. Does Mr. Miura have a black belt in BJJ, or does he have a black belt in Mr. Chivichyan's perfectly respectable lineage? Or both?
    Last edited by jnp; 9/11/2011 2:00am at .

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/11/2011 11:47am

supporting member
     Style: belt and jacket wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

We'll be waiting.
    Who's being the tough guy?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/11/2011 12:57pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree inn being diligent in researching the background and records of any Martial art school, as alot of young students attend and are easily influenced. That being said, "Boom" is obviously a local and could easily visit the school to have a one on one conversation with the the instructor. Seeing as how the school has only been open 2 weeks, although some of the students have been training with master Mira over 2 years I am surprised at the tone of "Boom's" comments without actually going down in person and visiting with Master Miura and the students. And I would ask "Boom" where do you train? whats your coachs lineage? and would you extend the same respectful invitation to your place of training? And as far as all the "smack" talk I find its counter-productive and disrespectful of the philosophy of the arts in general.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/11/2011 1:01pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Young men who support and respect their instructors sometimes express there thoughts in a alpha mode. This is to be regarded as loyalty, a good character trait to develop.

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    9/11/2011 1:05pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyone2 View Post
    I agree inn being diligent in researching the background and records of any Martial art school, as alot of young students attend and are easily influenced. That being said, "Boom" is obviously a local and could easily visit the school to have a one on one conversation with the the instructor. Seeing as how the school has only been open 2 weeks, although some of the students have been training with master Mira over 2 years I am surprised at the tone of "Boom's" comments without actually going down in person and visiting with Master Miura and the students. And I would ask "Boom" where do you train? whats your coachs lineage? and would you extend the same respectful invitation to your place of training? And as far as all the "smack" talk I find its counter-productive and disrespectful of the philosophy of the arts in general.
    You seem to know a lot about Master Miura and his school - would you mind telling us how you are acquainted with him?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/11/2011 1:56pm

supporting member
     Style: belt and jacket wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyone2 View Post
    Young men who support and respect their instructors sometimes express there thoughts in a alpha mode. This is to be regarded as loyalty, a good character trait to develop.
    I would interpret it as insecurity, but maybe I'm just insane.

I'm assuming all the brand new posters here couldn't possibly be students of his.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/11/2011 2:36pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't mind replying at all, my family are students of his. Also we have been in Austin for about 17 years and during that time our family has attended some really great Martial art schools with some good instructors. Austin is lucky to have the community of martial artists that we do.
    Last edited by luckyone2; 9/11/2011 2:51pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/11/2011 2:41pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your sarcasm is appreciated,and yes I'm sure some of the new posters are his students. If it was your teacher would you feel the need to show loyalty if questioned? And since you are in Austin we invite you to the school to have an in person conversation about the school and it's philosophies. I think besides putting ones mind at ease about the technicalities of the belt system questions, you would find that the ideas and tone of the school are conducive to promoting the arts as a great way to improve health and character. Oh by the way what school do you train at?
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast