Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2011 8:13pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by crappler View Post
    You should have been able to tell by his movement when he was practicing. In any case, making movies is hard. Making things entertaining requires departing from reality most of the time. It never ceases to amaze me how people can make courtrooms exciting. When I watch MA movies, I can't help but key in on **** that works, but I am primarily concerned with being entertained, which is why threads like this don't mean shyte to me. Other than to entertain me. Loved the review.

The fact remains that kung fu is the best MA for movies. Anyone disagree?
    I dunno, Flashpoint, uses MMA pretty good. And Throwdown does justice for Judo. Rorion made Bjj look good on Lethal Weapon...

Posted On:
    9/17/2011 9:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Never Back Down 3 will be a harrowing thriller about erectile dysfunction, and 3 brave warriors who have to conquer it in order to win the love of their life, who also happens to be the same chick all 3 are banging without knowing it. Oddly enough, in order to solve this problem, they have to fight each other in a ring. Random plot crap and twists outsourced to M Night Shamanamananalon, who will ass things up even further, i.e. aliens, crop circles, they're already dead, salt water is the antigrapple, the gay dad was really straight, it's the rest of the world that turned gay and therefore sees everything backwards.

Steven Segal will probably play the main character.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    9/18/2011 12:34am

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i'm really glad you watched this. that means i can take it off my list.
    Fight Film Friday
    Watching violence on film, violently.
    Click here to donate!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2011 12:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The best damn fight scene in the world is the hallway fight in ”Oldboy”
    It may not be the most technical, but its one of the most brutal and realistic scenes ever filmed.
    I HIGHLY reccommend the movie beyond the fights as well.
    Probably my fave movie of all time.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2011 5:25am

Style: BJJ/MT/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NBD2 was worse than the first one. A great accomplishment.
    Also, I was constantly confused between who was the wrestler and who was the boxer character, they looked so alike ( yet were both so unlikable ).
    Did anyone else notice the Bruce Lee philosophy sloppily shoved in there ? "It's not about anger, it's about emotional content".

Michael Jai White was pretty cool. Like someone else said, he is more a traditional martial artist and it shows, still he was the most impressive imo.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2011 9:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedtaco View Post
    NBD2 was worse than the first one. A great accomplishment.
    Also, I was constantly confused between who was the wrestler and who was the boxer character, they looked so alike ( yet were both so unlikable ).
    Did anyone else notice the Bruce Lee philosophy sloppily shoved in there ? "It's not about anger, it's about emotional content".

Michael Jai White was pretty cool. Like someone else said, he is more a traditional martial artist and it shows, still he was the most impressive imo.
    The girl couldn't tell which was which either.... Thats why it was so easy for her to slut it up with the wrestler, or was it the boxer....damn it which was which....
    This movie is an example of what happens when you let people from Louisiana make a movie.
    I took dump when I was done watching this thing and then stared at the turd for 90 minutes when I was done. It was a far more entertaining experience...

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/18/2011 9:53am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Turds tend to be method actors and generally turn I a fairly decent performance.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/18/2011 8:00pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I worked in that state for long time; why the **** would they set an MMA movie there? There really is none to speak of... But there's lots of Juko Kai Combat Ki. lol (I'm serious about the Juko Kai combat Ki stuff.)
    Really. I can rattle off five UFC veterans who call the Pelican State home (Tim Credeur, Rich Clementi, Melvin Guillard, Kyle Bradley, and Dustin Portier) and there are Gracie Barra and BJJ Revolution gyms in pretty much all the major cities (Lafayette, Baton Rouge, Hammond, Alexandria, etc.)

Perhaps the problem lies not with Louisiana, but with your ability to search for things?

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    9/18/2011 11:04pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It took me one solid minute to remember Louisiana was the Pelican State

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2012 12:45am

Style: Cage Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry to necro this, but..

I just watched it and while it certainly was bad, I freaking LOVED the scene were the bad guy beats up the mexicans. He lays on his back as they're kicking him, but then he goes right into a heel hook and BAM! Snap! Crackle! Pop! Then he snaps this other dude's arm with an overhook armbar.

There was definitely something cool about seeing brutal, fight-ending submissions being treated as such in a movie. A lot of times you see BS like Bruce Lee biting his way out of armbars and whatnot.

But other than that, it was horrible. And the ending was very Redbelt-esque, in that legal troubles are made irrelevant by the fact that the protagonist wins his fight.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast