Sponsored Links Spacer Image

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    12/04/2011 8:28pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Attacking turtle can be pretty personal because it depends on your end goal and your goals will vary depending on where your game is strongest. BUT, I personally love when people turtle because I go straight to the seat belt grip/Garcia roll. Marcelo Garcia's back taking is unbelievable and he starts everything from the seat belt grip. As soon as anyone starts to turtle throw the seat belt on without hooks and pressure the back of the head so you can roll into it and get your hooks. I'll post a video if you have no idea what I'm talking about.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/05/2011 10:19pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    Not so much a move as an insight that has helped me. The tighter he squeezes in to avoid your hooks the worse his base is, so either disrupt his base to open space for hooks, or feint the hooks to make him easier to roll onto his back.
    If he posts out with his hand it also opens up the clock choke.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/05/2011 10:54pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Passing guard on the knees is completely void. It does not work anymore. Move to ATL and train with world champions you won't see anyone passing the guard without standing up first!
    http://everystepblog.blogspot.com/

Posted On:
    12/06/2011 7:40am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    Not so much a move as an insight that has helped me. The tighter he squeezes in to avoid your hooks the worse his base is, so either disrupt his base to open space for hooks, or feint the hooks to make him easier to roll onto his back.
    Thank you, that makes a lost of sense. I knew there had to be a better option than trying to squeeze my giant feet in for hooks when they really tighten up the elbows.

Whiteshark: I used the 2nd technique he showed on that video tonight on a blue belt, it felt really natural. Going to try out the one you are talking about soon.

Clock choke? I've only been doing gi for a month, is this a good gi choke to learn?
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    12/06/2011 9:08am

Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Clock choke is a great basic choke to learn but with so little time in the gi I'd ask your coach to show you. It isn't one I'd recommend youtubing due to precise hand placement.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2011 6:12pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sang View Post
    Clock choke? I've only been doing gi for a month, is this a good gi choke to learn?
    It is a tricky choke to get down but brutal when you get it locked on properly. Even if you don't train it is good to know it is there if your opponent bases out and something you can incorporate later on when you are more advanced. Also, good to know to prevent it happening to you as it is a very common attack.
    Last edited by mrh80; 12/07/2011 6:17pm at .

Posted On:
    12/10/2011 5:14am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sweet i'll ask my coach about it next week along with the bow and arrow choke.

I'm having another problem now, this blue belt really doesn't look good with my blue gi.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

Posted On:
    12/10/2011 5:19am

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Congrats on the grading. tie dye all the way for you from now on

Posted On:
    12/13/2011 8:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't have the balls to pull that off gregaquaman, I already feel like I've got a big target on my back as it is.

Theres way too much to learn in this sport, I'm still hitting technique overload from classes. I think I'll have to write down a list of basics and start drilling them two at a time for the next year.
    Kenny Weldon

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    12/13/2011 8:58am

Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sang View Post
    Theres way too much to learn in this sport, I'm still hitting technique overload from classes. I think I'll have to write down a list of basics and start drilling them two at a time for the next year.
    That is an excellent idea. You can never drill the basics too much.
    Shut the hell up and train.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast