Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/28/2012 1:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have issues with what you post.

1. You can't actually SEE "pinched nerves" on X-rays. X-ray findings may INDICATE nerve root entrapments, but quite often the X-ray findings don't match the symptoms. All you can see is whether the hole between the vertebrae the nerve root exits the spinal cord from has been narrowed, and if you're a young gentleman with no history of serious accidents involving your neck, it shouldn't be. If he was talking about a disc herniation being visible on X-rays, he's talking out his ass. You need MRI for that ****. How old are you and have you had any serious accidents in the past?

2. Lack of neck curve isn't some type of OMIGODGONNADIEAIIE issue. It simply means the weight distribution of your head on your neck may be worse than somebody with a better curve, making you a bit more susceptible to developing neck pain, but in itself it doesn't really mean much. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15855907

3. I am quite concerned that he showed you a picture of a "healthy" neck. As stated before, X-rays can't really show "neck pain" very well unless it's caused by something extremely obvious like fractures or arthritis. The X-rays of a completely pain free person and one with excruciating neck pain may be virtually identical and show no abnormalities.

I have heard before of chiropractors showing patients pictures of "healthy" necks compared to their own in order to scare them into having treatment for skeletal conditions that really require rehabilitation rather than manipulation. This may be the case, as you said you left feeling "scared."

4. "2x/week for a 2-4 weeks" is pretty standard for chiropractic management of a complaint of what I gather your problem to be. It is normal to be a bit sore after having your joints clicked. I am concerned, however, if he wanted you to come in for prolonged periods of time or even indefinitely, which some chiropractors have people do when they don't really need it.
    Myself, I get adjusted when I'm in pain. Once out of pain, I don't visit one. Do you go to the doctor when you feel fine?

These are my concerns. Did the adjustments make you feel any better? Did he address the trigger points in your shoulder? If you feel better, sure, keep going for a little while until you feel fine, then decline coming in for a million years "for maintenance."

PT is a great idea once your pain levels have gone down, by the way, although you could probably give doctors a pass. Doctors are very well educated, but the extent of their expertise in spinal pain of non-pathological origin usually boils down to "take this painkiller" and "see this physiotherapist."

Posted On:
    5/31/2012 2:02am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some of the minor injuries can be treated at home. You can place the ice in a plastic bag and wrap it with a towel, and then apply to the injured area for some time. Also do not apply heat for 7-8 days after an injury, because it can increase the swelling in the injured area. You can get solution of your problem at Scoliosis-treatments.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234