Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    479
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a cousin that enrolled him and his son in TKD. IMHO, I don't believe there are many good schools for TKD. Given the price he is paying every month It's just a scam like most of them.

    The reason the above is important is this.... I love my cousin and want the best for him. I would seriously like to tell him that he should try something else.

    The reason I don't tell him is because I love him and think that it's better for him to do something he enjoys. It's much better to let someone you care about do something you view as useless. This is all considering they aren't doing something that's harmful.

    It doesn't matter if you're the very best in your martial art. If you aren't happy you're wasting your time. The main reason most of us train is because we like what we train in. Those who train just to become teh d34dly are destined to become miserable anyway.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wesht Cark
    Posts
    1,575
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Owl View Post
    Seriously though. A friend can only be honest. Tell him that you think the Booj sucks. Demonstrate it if he persists.
    What, kick crap out of him? Harsh mate! ;)

  3. #13
    Styygens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    2,178
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I still want vids!!!

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    559
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    What, kick crap out of him? Harsh mate! ;)
    Consider it a last resort. You don't have to hurt him. Just make him cry a little bit.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    183
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One of my lil brothers got my nephew into a TKD school. I bit my tongue and just asked questions without giving feedback. Eventually, the nephew revealed he's going there cuz some of his friends are. He's somewhat of a punk and I hope some MT or Sambo kids sorts him out a bit.

  6. #16
    Sri Hanuman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,485
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MAGIC HATE BALL View Post
    One of my lil brothers got my nephew into a TKD school. I bit my tongue and just asked questions without giving feedback. Eventually, the nephew revealed he's going there cuz some of his friends are. He's somewhat of a punk and I hope some MT or Sambo kids sorts him out a bit.
    Just be grateful its TKD, not one of those schools where fat middle aged men waddle around in tight-fitting combat camo pants that they could never hope to wear in real life, and shoot qi balls... mostly after crying for several hours following their alimony hearings.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

    Dipshit

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    183
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sri Hanuman View Post
    Just be grateful its TKD, not one of those schools where fat middle aged men waddle around in tight-fitting combat camo pants that they could never hope to wear in real life, and shoot qi balls... mostly after crying for several hours following their alimony hearings.
    Ah, you mean the Aikido school that proudly advertises it's "Christian based" teaching program? No wait, that shut down this summer.

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ecuador
    Posts
    1,565
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maofas View Post
    Let people make their own decisions in general, but friends don't let friends become ninjas.
    This. Letting your friend become a ninja is like not protecting him from the fat birds when he's had one too many.

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    183
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Juggernoob View Post
    This. Letting your friend become a ninja is like not protecting him from the fat birds when he's had one too many.
    I once had a friend who I tried to extricate from this exact situation one night, and he looked me straight in the eye and proclaimed, "...and go **** yourself!" That right there was the line that he had to cross to get me to leave him alone.

    13 years later we still ask him about fucking that butter roll.

  10. #20
    Sri Hanuman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,485
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MAGIC HATE BALL View Post
    I once had a friend who I tried to extricate from this exact situation one night, and he looked me straight in the eye and proclaimed, "...and go **** yourself!" That right there was the line that he had to cross to get me to leave him alone.

    13 years later we still ask him about fucking that butter roll.
    If your friend wants to train to be a fat chick, I say its his life.
    If however, later on he's all like, dude, I was drunk, I should have stayed with MT/Kyokushin, that's when you get to give him crap.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

    Dipshit

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO