Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2011 4:32am

Style: Striking, grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bujinkan rehabilitation

I'm a ninjer, come kill me ;)

No seriously, I've been training in Bujinkan for 3+ years now and the amount of hate here is quite staggering. It's beating a dead horse, but I though I'd get this out of the way before participating in this forum.
    I think I get why, the booj seems to have got quite a hit in reputation because of a number of reasons:
    - someone told people in the 90's that learning booj would make you a deadly ninja
    - the historical claims of the bujinkan are often questionable
    - confusion about grading
    - the general training methods are incomplete for combat / fighting
    - fantasy ninja's
    - those damn video's on youtube

Now I get this, but it's just a bit much. There are plenty of other arts that have these problems, but only the booj get hit on so badly.
    I'm under the impression that many people just had their childhood ninja fantasy squashed and can't hande it ; ) - a bit like the bruce lee hate around here sometimes. A lot of axes to grind.

So some perspective about how the booj is here, whatever you think about it.

I'm a shodan, takes +- 3 years here, godan is at least 5 more. Shodan is supposed to be that you're not a total noob anymore but know the basic techniques at a reasonable level.

My sensei told us from the beginning: you sanshin in the street, you're dead.

Aside from shodan and godan, numbers don't mean much.

we do "alive" exercises and sometimes sparring. we suck and we know it :)

take the ninja bit with a bit of salt. most techniques are gyokko ryu and kukishin, which are armoured. this explains a lot of the problems in the application!

that's it for now or this post will be huge ;)

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    9/09/2011 4:51am

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are plenty of martial arts which are terrible, it's true. Wing Chun thinks it can tack on random physics terms to its pigeon toed, i'm-Marilyn-Manson-in-1996 stance. Aikido colonized our mental landscape and made us think that martial arts was all about being a passive aggressive hippie.

But you're not just terrible at fighting. You're ninjas. You're a 1999 internet meme that won't die. You're something someone's Gary Stu fanfic character would do. You're a cosplay that turned into some kind of malignant tumor. Also there's this:

I'm a shodan, takes +- 3 years here, godan is at least 5 more.
    we suck and we know it :)

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2011 4:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But you're not just terrible at fighting. You're ninjas. You're a 1999 internet meme that won't die.
    sig-ilicious

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2011 5:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    There are plenty of martial arts which are terrible, it's true.
    But you're not just terrible at fighting. You're ninjas. You're a 1999 internet meme that won't die. You're something someone's Gary Stu fanfic character would do. You're a cosplay that turned into some kind of malignant tumor.
    hmmm no, I'm not a ninja. The ninjaness and the curriculum are not one and the same. You've watched too many bad movies and idiot fantasy types on the net. This view of bujinkan, I consider most of it a marketing ploy.
    It's the same as saying "you're a boxer, an ex-con who rapes and as a job hits people up and gets punched in the face till no brain cells are left"

Posted On:
    9/09/2011 6:01am

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ashkelon View Post
    "you're a boxer, an ex-con who rapes and as a job hits people up and gets punched in the face till no brain cells are left"
    WTF are you talking about? Just go back to playing ninjas and stop looking for our approval. You admit you suck? We already assumed that no need to state the obvious. Now go, refrain from posting until you've learned more. Develop your knowledge and understanding of martial arts. Don't try to change how everyone else thinks, change how you think.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2011 6:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jspeedy View Post
    WTF are you talking about? Just go back to playing ninjas and stop looking for our approval. You admit you suck? We already assumed that no need to state the obvious. Now go, refrain from posting until you've learned more. Develop your knowledge and understanding of martial arts. Don't try to change how everyone else thinks, change how you think.
    oh ffs, read the post. I said it's a stereo type people have about boxers, this side of the pond anyway. I train in boxing btw, only beginner, but I like it a lot. I'm not looking for your approval. Saying I suck seems appropriate on a board where many seem to be experienced fighters. btw bullying newbies is pathetic, I just wanted to get the booj thing out of the way before discussing other things which might be related and knowledgable forumers may want to give their opinion.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2011 6:25am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    also wanted to post this in the noob section, so ok you can abuse me a bit...

Posted On:
    9/09/2011 7:08am

Style: BJJ, formerly Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nobody cares. Really.

You add nothing and your self deprecation is nothing new. We all know that your shitty striking and godawful throws are a waste of time.

Why are you here? If you say 'to learn', then you are yet to empty your cup there wee grasshopper. Why not ask some of the former buj fellows here why they left? or maybe some of the few less retarded ones about why they stayed?

Sounds like you just want attention...
    Quote Originally Posted by Judoka_UK
    Judo is the PC to Sambo's Mac.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2011 7:14am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if you don't care, don't post. so tell me, is this board for all ma's except bujinkan? that's bs.
    also tell me then how I'm able to participate if one of the arts I train in is bujinkan.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    9/09/2011 7:32am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ashkelon View Post
    also tell me then how I'm able to participate if one of the arts I train in is bujinkan.
    You type stuff in the box and click the 'post' button, you seem to have already worked it out.
Page 1 of 11 1 2345 ... LastLast