Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/30/2011 3:56pm

Style: BJJ, Striking, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This guy is set up EXACTLY across the street from where my instructor lives. I wonder if he knows...

Posted On:
    10/05/2011 10:51pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The Military Records

Attached are the military records for Andrew Miura.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails miura_andrew_l_nprc.pdf  

Posted On:
    10/05/2011 10:53pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I obtained them from the POW Network which ran a search. There is no listing of Ranger "Rank".

More importantly a former Ranger and consultant for the POW Network confirmed that no ranger tab or service in the Ranger Regiment was listed on these records obtained through the FOIA. I will be writing Mr. Miura and inviting him here to explain this discrepancy.

Posted On:
    10/05/2011 11:03pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My email:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...58#post2613358

Dear Mr. Miura:

I have read your website in which you say you earned the Rank of Ranger in the United States Army. However a FOIA search of your military record. (Publically available under the Freedom of Information Act) indicates that you were never tabbed as a Ranger, or served in the 75th Ranger Regiment.

Could you please visit us at Bullshido.net (registration is free) and go to post #52 of the above thread which contains a pdf of this FOIA obtained document.

I and others would like to hear your explaination for how you could have been ranked as a Ranger in the absence of fulfilling one of these two qualifications.

Thank you for your service to our country.

Sincerely,

Samuel Browning

Posted On:
    10/07/2011 12:29pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No reply so far. If anyone else wishes to politely point out this thread to Mr. Miura and report back here, I would appreciate it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2011 1:06pm

Style: G-B BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe those of you who have been in a military service might get what I am about to say.

Claiming to be something during your service that you are not is a big fat no no. Why didnt he just claim to be an army medic (91B) that went to airborne and air assault school and served in the 82nd airborne division? That is respectable, especially if he had an honorable discharge. You dont claim to be what you arent.

I lost part of my leg in 2006. I have muscle and nerve damage and wear a brace so I can walk. I also served in Iraq, but I go to great lengths to make sure that no one assumes that I was injured in combat. That is because, sure I could get a hell of a pity party off of claiming to be combat wounded, but you just dont do that.

I dont care if he has a triple dog black belt in BJJ. By claiming false service, or "stolen valor", I would not want to be anywhere near the guy. period.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456