Page 6 of 6 First ... 23456
    Style
    BJJ, Striking, TKD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This guy is set up EXACTLY across the street from where my instructor lives. I wonder if he knows...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The Military Records

Attached are the military records for Andrew Miura.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails miura_andrew_l_nprc.pdf  

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I obtained them from the POW Network which ran a search. There is no listing of Ranger "Rank".

More importantly a former Ranger and consultant for the POW Network confirmed that no ranger tab or service in the Ranger Regiment was listed on these records obtained through the FOIA. I will be writing Mr. Miura and inviting him here to explain this discrepancy.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My email:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...58#post2613358

Dear Mr. Miura:

I have read your website in which you say you earned the Rank of Ranger in the United States Army. However a FOIA search of your military record. (Publically available under the Freedom of Information Act) indicates that you were never tabbed as a Ranger, or served in the 75th Ranger Regiment.

Could you please visit us at Bullshido.net (registration is free) and go to post #52 of the above thread which contains a pdf of this FOIA obtained document.

I and others would like to hear your explaination for how you could have been ranked as a Ranger in the absence of fulfilling one of these two qualifications.

Thank you for your service to our country.

Sincerely,

Samuel Browning

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No reply so far. If anyone else wishes to politely point out this thread to Mr. Miura and report back here, I would appreciate it.

Style
    G-B BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe those of you who have been in a military service might get what I am about to say.

Claiming to be something during your service that you are not is a big fat no no. Why didnt he just claim to be an army medic (91B) that went to airborne and air assault school and served in the 82nd airborne division? That is respectable, especially if he had an honorable discharge. You dont claim to be what you arent.

I lost part of my leg in 2006. I have muscle and nerve damage and wear a brace so I can walk. I also served in Iraq, but I go to great lengths to make sure that no one assumes that I was injured in combat. That is because, sure I could get a hell of a pity party off of claiming to be combat wounded, but you just dont do that.

I dont care if he has a triple dog black belt in BJJ. By claiming false service, or "stolen valor", I would not want to be anywhere near the guy. period.

Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Update?

Has anyone else heard any other news regarding this guys Ranger statement?

I have a bit of more information not sure how it would really help but here it goes.

"BTW" I saw all of the threads even the ones that where started on a different thread and I can assure you all that all of them where def his students defending him, Master Miura happens to use his students a lot when it comes to fighting his battles for him. Which I may also add they are not even his students any longer.

I trained with Master Miura for 2 years 2013-2015 " my 3 sons trained with him as well for the same amount of time", one of the first things he tells all of his new students is information about this thread. He warns us that there is some stuff that is completely false said by some people that are just hating, he calls them haters. He tells us that none of that is true and that is just people trying to give him a bad name because of jealousy and I heard him many times say that he waited for anyone to go to the dojo and prove themselves instead of hiding behind a computer, but said no one ever showed "just know that this kind of language was always used by the instructor himself" so it was probably him talking through his students.

As I got to take classes, about 850 classes total withing the 2 years I was there, "yes I spent sometimes 12 hrs a day there 5 days a week." I was completely brainwashed and heard many times over and over again Master Miura calling himself an Army Ranger, also earning his black belt of which he now says its Japanese Jiu Jitsu but I guess I don't know if that is even true by reading all of this.... "it is only until now that I am finding out that he might not even be a Ranger by reading this thread" we as his students are taught never to question him, and if we did, he would make an example out of us either by calling us out in front of the whole class or just kicking us out of the school completely. He has had many fall outs with his students for one reason or another. This time it was me (Because I threatened his image, personal and professional, with all that I knew about him), and I can say that this guy is full of things that do not make sense. From him calling himself an Army Ranger, to saying he is a black belt in BJJ, then changing it to Japanese Jiu Jitsu, then completely leaving all of this information out of his newly designed website "I wonder why"?.

I do not have proof of this but his Muay Thai seems to have some holes in it too. In his website he says he started at the age of 14 but has always told us he started at the age of 9 and that he had a master whom he trained under for 10 years whom he earned his black ropes from and whom he had the most love and respect for above his own father, but yet gives no credit to his master any where on his website. He then went to Thailand and got his red and black ropes once there. I have no way of proving if this is also another one of his lies since I have searched high and low for his masters name "who he says was in the Thai Council but so far I have not found him" And I don't know about you guys but if I had a master I trained under and who had passed away I would make sure I gave him full credit for all of my accomplishments. One thing I can say for sure is I agree that his skills are some of the best I have seen and I have visited many other schools, but does this mean that he is ok to lie about lineage and even stolen valor and get away with it?

BTW this is only the tip of the iceberg, you guys would not even begin to believe the stuff this guy is capable of....but I will leave it at that.

Style
    MMA BJJ TKD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The website bio of Master Miura does not state ranger anymore. It states 'Army sergeant'.

No mention of BJJ blakc belt either.

Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gold_ax666 View Post
    The website bio of Master Miura does not state ranger anymore. It states 'Army sergeant'.

No mention of BJJ blakc belt either.
    Ha probably because he was neither of those, I feel like I fool because I can't really say I trained under someone who I don't even know what real lineage I have. I can take the skill itself and just enjoy it but besides this I guess it just means I have to start over again.

Page 6 of 6 First ... 23456