Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... Last
    Style
    講手
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Robson Pereira (attn staff)

So, it cost me well over $500, but I completed the Robson Periara investigation that Duck of Death started. I inspected every single certificate that he had. All of the photos. Because it was just me and his family, he felt comfortable taking some of his clothes off to show me scars. Then I inspected his wounds. Let me state that one more time. When I introduced myself as a Bully, this man stripped down and showed me his wounds, that hampered his abilities. He shouldn't have to do that.

Literally, I inspected everything. The .org article needs to go. Period. Carlinhos wanted to charge him $500 for each affiliation. Not just his current affiliation, but five for every guy in his lineage. He also explained to me how being in this business made it easier to enter the country. Or else it's very hard to enter the U.S. His rank fluctuates because he changed affiliations. I viewed the photos of him with different squads myself. He pointed out who each guy was and then what their relationship was.

He then explained how he got his third degree. Why did Carlos sign? Because he was more or less legit at third? Nope. He tricked the guy. He had the head IBJJF ref promote him, forcing Carlos to take it without the cash. I inspected the documents, his students abilities and the mans fucking body. The article needs to go or be modified. We can't do this to people.

We are currently committing the biggest fraud in martial arts history.
    Last edited by The Villain; 7/19/2015 2:26am at .

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja staff
    Style
    Kuso shite shinezo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait what? More background here? Links?

Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Style
    Shotokan & BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is this about? It's going to take more than just a forum post to merit revisions. If you have additional information or evidence, we'd love to see it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Bullshido - No BS MMA mobile app

Style
    講手
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You don't have any evidence in the first place. I'd like to see it. I talked to Robson, I saw the photos and the certs, which are all directly on his wall, and his student's work, which is on camera. I saw the scars on his back, indicating the injury. I told him who I was with and what I was there for only AFTER I was in his school.

The way it works is that Carlos wanted to TRIPLE AFFILIATE him. Money for each guy in his lineage. Carlos ALSO didn't willingly sign for his degrees. Mansor is head ref of the IBJJF. Mansor was his instructor since day one, and after he saw what was happening, he forced the cert through. He's in good standing because of his relationship with Mansor who forced Carlos' hand, NOT because of any martial arts skill or lack thereof. This literally has nothing to do with martial arts. So why are we smearing his name?

Style
    講手
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Essentially, the system sold to the public, (pay your money, get your skill, get your belt) is different from what instructor's have to do. With instructors, its (get your skill, pay your money, get your belt). Instructors buy belts.

Style
    Shotokan
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Was there ever any determination as to who this Sakata person is?

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja staff
    Style
    Kuso shite shinezo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This was a Chuck Hardin article so it during my "time off" from the site and I don't know much or if anything about it.

My recommendation is post what in the article is false, and the evidence to contradict it.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did someone cast the lawyer summoning spell?

Let's go back to what was specifically stated in the article as it's conclusion.

"While Pereira's third degree black belt is technically legitimate, there is ample reason to question the process by which he got it. Maurice Sakata, the master who granted him his first degree black belt, probably did not exist; Francisco Mansor and Rigan Machado, who granted him his higher belts, seem to be involved in trying to cover up that fact. Pereira has managed to involve three big names in the world of BJJ in what might become a major martial arts scandal. "

1) The article never mentioned or discussed Mr. Pereira's injuries so whether he has scars and how he was injured is irrelevant to any claim by Jordan that "fraud" has taken place.

2) The mysterious Maurice Sakata who supposedly awarded Pereira his first dan in BJJ can not be located or proven to exist. If Jordan wants to post this alleged certificate that would be interesting and perhaps this person could be located, however Sakata is not one of Carson Gracie Sr's black belts which shoots another hole in Pereira's BJJ life history.

3) Duck of Death interviewed Mansor on tape with his son translating, and Mansor did not know who Sakata was before he claimed a couple weeks later in a letter that he was personally familar with Sakata.

Sorry Jordan, no fraud here. And if Pereira is now claiming Mansor was the one who promoted Pereira to 1st dan, that contradicts Mansor's 2006 letter.
    Last edited by Sam Browning; 7/20/2015 10:24am at .

Style
    講手
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That just isn't how BJJ works. His rank is fluctuating due to his affiliation, regardless of the other details. The basic premise is flawed. Your instructor doesn't promote you, you buy it from Carlos Gracie Jr. That's the fraud.
    Last edited by The Villain; 7/20/2015 3:24pm at .

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... Last