221391 Bullies, 3774 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 8:57am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

What do you know of Grandmaster Sid Sofos?

Oh incredibly amusing poster and self proclaimed non-expert on U.K. wing chun, please train your peircing glare upon this travesty:

http://www.grandmastersidsofos.com/

What do you know of this man?

For the rest of you, enjoy the severely OTT hero worship on this site. Another BS goldmine.
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 2/27/2007 5:29pm at . Reason: title change to better reflect thread contents
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 9:05am

Style: Shutting up and training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are two Sofos brothers in the UK. IIRC, one of them is apparently an allright guy, the other is supposed to be a bit of a nut job. It seems that Mr. Sid might well be that brother.
    I have never met them, so who knows.

Damn, that site is painful. "Summoning the chi"!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 2:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sid Sofos is well known for his Bullshit -his students have a cult mentality.

I dont know if its true but there are rumours going around that he was arrested for masturbating in one of his classes.

His brother Andrew Sofos has a club and also teaches wing chun.He is completely different from Sid.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 2:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "TWENTY THREE MILLION PEOPLE CAN NOT BE WRONG"

Only difference between one idiot and 23 000 000 is the number of them... Man! with all the crap I've seen, I'm ashamed to be human, WHERE THE **** DID NATURAL SELECTION GO?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 2:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRedbeard
    WHERE THE **** DID NATURAL SELECTION GO?
    http://www.icr.org/

It's funny that the death of natural selection in modern society has led to the multiplication of stupid people.....who believe that natural selection never did exist at all.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 4:36am

Style: Unemployed Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sid Sofos was lambasted on the following Ving Tsun forum.Type in his name in the search area.http://www.vingtsun.com.hk/forum/default.asp.A total kook!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 8:25am

Style: _詠_春

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is his funnier old site:

http://www.thesijo.com/

Make sure you click on "Images of excellence".

Incidentally, the newer site seems to mysteriously have less footage of him being fat.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 9:10am

supporting member
     Style: Yoseikan Budo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OMG !

have you seen the picture where he creates chi balls !!!

RTFL...

And the 23 million people reference what is that number ? Can't be the number of his students and I doubt that there is that many WC practitioner (I least I hope not).
    Martial Arts is like sex, if you over complicate it with exotic sounding names, theories and principles, you end up fucking yourself in the ass. -Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 9:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physics_Nazi
    Here is his funnier old site:

http://www.thesijo.com/

Make sure you click on "Images of excellence".

Incidentally, the newer site seems to mysteriously have less footage of him being fat.
    Eugh.
    Check out the "in depth profile". A little too in depth for my liking. Did you know he once owned a Tiger called Harold, who was the Alpha Male and never lost any fights in his life.
    You can't make this stuff up.

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 1:11am

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.vingtsun.com.hk/forum/tre...p?message=3868
    time for the truth to come out, I'm a student of grandmaster sofos and i'm one of the students from his 'demo' team as he calls us (the group of students who can do chi stopping with him). I couldn't believe my eyes when i saw people flying through the air for the first time but i soon realised that these people are actually throwing themselves across the room, i know this from experience as when Sofos tried his chi stopping on me i had no option but to throw myself back, it was either that or he would have told me how crap i was and put me down almost every lesson (as he has done to many students who wouldn't throw themselves across the room to please him) Sofos scares students so much that they themselves start to believe that they are able to fly across the room when Sofos taps them. he puts ideas into their heads and i'm sure i'm not the only one who is acting, i have spoken to some of Sofos former students and they have told me they have done the same in the past but when they the left the school they soon realised how bad the situation was, most of the students are scared of sofos, he especially gets angry if you don't throw yourself across the room well enough and blames you and the energy in the air. he will put you down in front of the other students and shout at you. because most of the students at the school have problems, they feel like its their fault that they are not performing well enough, he tries to create a cult who will worship him like he is a god or something but the older students know what he is up to and are leaving one by one. I might leave soon as well but the buz i get when i decieve Sofos is so much fun. I think he himself believes that he has these extrodinary powers. god help him.
    And it's not even Aikido! :eusa_hand

Dagon Akujin
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast