My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    9/08/2011 3:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daishi View Post
    I've never tried elastic waitsband dogi bottoms, but always wondered if they were a good idea.

...I usually take my drawstring out of my pants before I throw them in the wash....it helps prevent them from disappearing. Of course you are going to have to rethread it everytime you wash it (unless you wash it by hand). Then you can always rethread the drawstring using a clothes hanger, or something.
    Please don't, spare your training partners, please, please, don't.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Posted On:
    9/08/2011 3:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daishi View Post
    I've never tried elastic waitsband dogi bottoms, but always wondered if they were a good idea.
    Do I have to re-tell the story about the guy with elasticated trousers and the balls I had to see whilst supervising newaza randori.

Posted On:
    9/08/2011 4:42pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Do I have to re-tell the story about the guy with elasticated trousers and the balls I had to see whilst supervising newaza randori.
    The Japanese guys almost invariably go commando, btw.

Posted On:
    9/08/2011 4:49pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He was Kazakh.

And I have heard the Japs going commando thing too, they're also supposed to respect all the traditions, but wear rashguards and don't follow Jita kyoei on the mat. I suspect many Japs do not actually go commando.

Although I doubt either of us has access to exact figures of unrestrained Japanese genitals in Judo.

Posted On:
    9/08/2011 5:02pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    He was Kazakh.

And I have heard the Japs going commando thing too, they're also supposed to respect all the traditions, but wear rashguards and don't follow Jita kyoei on the mat. I suspect many Japs do not actually go commando.

Although I doubt either of us has access to exact figures of unrestrained Japanese genitals in Judo.
    I have it on good account from my instructor that, at least during the 70's and early 80s, Japanese judoka always went command. And, yes, the Japanese guys I occasionally train with go commando. I don't think it's tradition, just culture.

I'm amused by the super fucking anal formality you see in "traditionalist" Judoka because modern Japanese usually don't care much.

Don't call them Japs, it's impolite.

Posted On:
    9/08/2011 5:29pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know, I'm just guessing that anyone who wants to wear a rashguard and cover their chest whilst training is unlikely to leave their bollocks uncovered.

Yeh its normally the traditionalists who try to out Japanese the Japanese. It would funny really, if it weren't so pathetic and they knew so little Judo.

I've learnt more Judo from so called 'sport Judoka' than I have ever learnt from self declared 'traditionalist Judoka'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2011 5:56pm

Style: Aikido/JJJ/Judo/GoJu Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well thanks for the warning about elastic waistbands. In over 15 years of training I've never actually broken down and tried them...glad I haven't. Since I now primarily focus on judo, aikido, and jujistsu I guess elastic would be a poor choice.

I went though my commando phase when I was in highschool and still doing mostly karate.

Some Japanese dojo do not normally washi their dogi and just hang them up at the dojo. I heard its nasty...

Posted On:
    9/08/2011 6:05pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I imagine you would be fine with elastic gi trousers in Aikido, as for JJ, depends on the kind. If you're doing Judo or BJJ though all it will take is an enthusiastic half guard pass to expose your meat and two veg to the class with elasticated trousers.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    9/08/2011 8:16pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    The Gracie video is the answer to all!

Also, I keep a wire hanger in the closet at my gym.
    I tried that and the damn TKD people kept stealing or throwing away my hanger, so now I carry some 12 gauge wire folded up in my bag. Works just as well.

Posted On:
    9/08/2011 8:54pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate to post this idea since I was going to patent it and all. Bullies, just promise me you won't rip off my idea and make all the money, if you can't promise me than don't read my post.

GI suspenders! Never mind failing elastic waisted pants leaving your balls exposed, and forget uneven drawstrings, suspenders are the future. You could go with the fancy button on variety for your pricey Lucky GI, or the more economical clip on suspenders for your cheap ass Century GI. The suspenders will be discreetly covered by your GI jacket or if you wanna look tough you can rock the suspenders over your jacket whilst you strut around with your thumbs in the suspender bands an threateningly snap them on your man chest at newbs. Think of the marketing too; suspenders to match your belt level, light weight carbon fiber suspenders for optimum speed, tapout suspenders for the dooshes, silk suspenders for the CMA guys, and ruffled suspenders for the ninjas and chunners!

I think I've really got something here. I'm gonna contact the guys at Rupture to work something out.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast