dog ****+broken glass
    i developed an aversion at a very young age

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2011 12:40am

Style: Aikido, Kajukembo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On the hypothetical: You get into a fight with Joe Schmoe Tapfliction steroid brain tool at a club or bar. He wants to slug it out, but your superior grappling abilities allow you to smother his assault and take him down. Once you're on the ground you get swarmed by Tapout and affliction shirts, and white sunglasses!!! OOOPS! Joe has friends and they wear boots, which don't go well with your head!

If this was a fight at the grocery store and you were each more than likely there alone, then grappling him may be more sensible, but in other settings where you don't know who is with him and who isn't, It may be beneficial to have some striking ability to stay on your feet.

Posted On:
    9/08/2011 1:00am

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cualltaigh View Post
    Cause it tones the upper body muscles, you know....... for the ladies!?
    Nothing says Alpha male more than stylish fisticuffs, dodging, weaving etc, etc.

The ladies (for the most part) see grappleing and think 'WTF are those guys doing rolling around on the floor?'

Striking to impress the ladies, grappleing to impress the ...er... gents (olive oil not supplied)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2011 1:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    The ladies (for the most part) see grappleing and think 'WTF are those guys doing rolling around on the floor?'
    Solution: Grappler ladies.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    9/08/2011 2:02am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aikironin21 View Post
    On the hypothetical: You get into a fight with Joe Schmoe Tapfliction steroid brain tool at a club or bar. He wants to slug it out, but your superior grappling abilities allow you to smother his assault and take him down. Once you're on the ground you get swarmed by Tapout and affliction shirts, and white sunglasses!!! OOOPS! Joe has friends and they wear boots, which don't go well with your head!
    I'll bet those guys you somehow didn't see before would take you down and beat the hell out of you if you were trying to slug it out with one guy.

Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher

Posted On:
    9/08/2011 2:13am

supporting member
     Style: n/a (ex-Karate)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    People in trains are striking because of poor healthy and safety guidelines, and low wages.

Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon

Posted On:
    9/08/2011 2:40am

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post

Or, if you already have a lady and they see you roll with other ladies on the mat^^. Particularly if they are trying to smother you with their chest or have trapped your hand between their legs.

Even explaining that there's nothing arousing about being choked out is swiftly met with an 'asphyxiation heightens sexual arousal' kinda argument.

Just saying......

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2011 2:46am

Style: Aikido, Kajukembo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I'll bet those guys you somehow didn't see before would take you down and beat the hell out of you if you were trying to slug it out with one guy.
    Possibly, but if you are a good striker and manage a one hitter quitter, I bet a couple of them think twice about it, and at least one of them will go straight to the guy you just shut down to see if he's ok so he is still a good friend but wont have to get KTFO too. At that point you make like Snagglepuss!

If you're a striker, I think your odds are still better while you are vertical. Even if you are a great grappler, you are still occupied on the ground and a fairly easy target to anyone who wants to put a boot on you.

Posted On:
    9/08/2011 2:56am

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DARPAChief View Post
    Solution: Grappler ladies.
    Quote Originally Posted by cualltaigh View Post
    Or, if you already have a lady and they see you roll with other ladies on the mat^^. Particularly if they are trying to smother you with their chest or have trapped your hand between their legs.

Even explaining that there's nothing arousing about being choked out is swiftly met with an 'asphyxiation heightens sexual arousal' kinda argument.

Just saying......
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=108530

I think you 'Merican chaps might say, 'Hubba hubba'?

Posted On:
    9/08/2011 3:01am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I box because I'm a scientist, and it's only proper to practice the sweet science on my spare time. Besides, close intimacy is something you share with your friends and not a stranger. Its bad enough to be smacked by a hairy sweaty man thigh in your face while in the 69 position in the semi privacy of your gym, its totally unrespectful to do the same in your pub or local club. One needs to maintain a gentleman like appearance even in combat.
    p.s Your ears look like a Baboons ass.
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast