Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263233343536 3738 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/31/2013 7:53pm

Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    And if you're worth half a **** as a stand up fighter you can get out of the way while fatso gasses out trying to catch you.

So your argument is "fatso has an advatange because he's out of shape that his only option is a hail mary pass of agro rage"?

So what's to stop a smaller guy from going all out agro?

You ever been overweight? It is not an advantage to ANY phsyical activity other than cheese rolling.

**** Bruce Lee. I was just quoting a famous line of his in a movie that matched the sentiment of this conversation.

How many street fights have you been in with morbidly obese men?
    Argument more relies on, at least fatal has the mass to potentially do some "mass"-ive damage.

And I doubt I have ever witnessed or been involved in a street fight with a 300 lb overweight man. The odds of that would be pretty low with the slim number of them in comparison to other weight groups walking around.
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Posted On:
    7/31/2013 8:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    And I doubt I have ever witnessed or been involved in a street fight with a 300 lb overweight man. The odds of that would be pretty low with the slim number of them in comparison to other weight groups walking around.
    I've been chalenged (see "threatened") by one but he was winded by the time I stopped laughing my ass off.

Posted On:
    7/31/2013 9:09pm

Style: Humbleness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That works for little guys too.

I want to know what kind of "unique fighting advantage" a guy gets from being 300lbs overweight.
    Well I guess a powerful ground and pound?

A strong mount or side control

Posted On:
    7/31/2013 9:40pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RurikGreenwulf View Post
    Well I guess a powerful ground and pound?

A strong mount or side control
    Sure, against a footlong hoagie!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2013 9:43pm

Style: Injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Such as?
    Being well fed and heavier makes you stronger and harder to throw.

And good luck getting out of pins from under someone who weighs 100 kilos more than you do.

Also you can probably tip a car over just by sitting on the hood.

Posted On:
    7/31/2013 10:03pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister View Post
    Being well fed and heavier makes you stronger and harder to throw.
    Bullshit. It makes you slow and soft with weak ass knees. Who needs to hurt their back throwing a shut in when they could just buckle the fat @#$%'$ knees?

And good luck getting out of pins from under someone who weighs 100 kilos more than you do.
    El Gordo has to catch you before he can "pin" you.

Also you can probably tip a car over just by sitting on the hood.
    Great. Being morbidly obese is a distinct advantage against a stationary object.

Duly noted...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2013 10:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bullshit. It makes you slow and soft with weak ass knees. Who needs to hurt their back throwing a shut in when they could just buckle the fat @#$%'$ knees?
    That's not true, plenty of he strongest men in the world carry a lot of fat around and eat like bulldozers.

Being well fed (while training) makes you stronger.

And being heavier makes you harder to throw when the person throwing you is lighter, it's simple.

All this weak knees **** is irrelevant. How exactly does being heavy make your knees weak?

El Gordo has to catch you before he can "pin" you.
    Whether he catches you or not is irrelevant, it's still an advantage when/if the pin happens.

Great. Being morbidly obese is a distinct advantage against a stationary object.

Duly noted...
    Totally. That car won't stand a chance.

This guy is also one of the best in his country and has qualified for the Olympics (which is impressive for most people) I'd say his size (and the fighting style based on it) helped him get there.

Posted On:
    7/31/2013 11:05pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's not true, plenty of he strongest men in the world carry a lot of fat around and eat like bulldozers.
    Power lifters aren't all fat though. They may have a higher percentage than most other weight lifting athletes but most of their mass is muscle and I cant really recall ever seeing one with full on bitch tits.

In fact, here's a contemporary world champion in the 120kg+ category. Meet Igor Gagin:

Being well fed (while training) makes you stronger.
    There's a difference between adequate nutrition and outright gluttony. 200lbs of fat hanging off your ass is not healthy by anyone's standard.

And being heavier makes you harder to throw when the person throwing you is lighter, it's simple.
    Why do you keep bringing up "throwing"? This is a thread about the merits of "STRIKING".

No one smaller than Igor up there would even think of trying to throw that fat #$%&.

All this weak knees **** is irrelevant. How exactly does being heavy make your knees weak?
    No, it's not. Morbid obesity is notoriously rough on the knee joints. Hence, weak knees. A great target for STRIKING.

Any injury to a person's support structure will be that much more devastating to someone who's supporting two grown humans worth of dead weight.

Once again, being fat NOT an advantage. In fact it's a liability.

Whether he catches you or not is irrelevant, it's still an advantage when/if the pin happens.
    That's a BIG "if", Mister. Can't pin if he can't catch. Can't catch because he's at a weight where walking to the fridge is exhausting.

Totally. That car won't stand a chance.
    Of course not. Cars can't fight back. A toddler with a hammer could beat a stationary car. Being fat has no advantage in this situation either.

This guy is also one of the best in his country and has qualified for the Olympics (which is impressive for most people) I'd say his size (and the fighting style based on it) helped him get there.
    Yeah, in a sport where no one strikes. So how is being a tubby bitch advantageous to striking again?

Posted On:
    8/01/2013 2:37am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: GrecoRoman/Western Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In my limited experience, striking will always be relevant. If you missed Coleman's breakdown at the foot of Smith, that's okay, it's really old UFC and most people don't remember when wrestlers were getting kicked around.

Lesnar was barreling his way through the china closet until several well placed strikes made Velasquez a superstar.

Nothing is more annoying, boring, or homo erotic to the average sports viewer than two wrestlers making out on the canvas. Americans are used to seeing men beat one another to death - if anything, ground and pound brings in the cash before anything else because that's what Americans enjoy - dominance.

The days of the pure striker are virtually over - but striking isn't going anywhere.

Also I used to be over 400 lbs and am now at 290 - being obese (regardless of how strong you are) is a massive liability, both on your gas tank, and on your joints.

Anyone trying to make the argument that fat is good (short of testosterone boosting levels) probably doesn't belong on a website called 'bullshido' hahaha

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/01/2013 6:42am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Power lifters aren't all fat though. They may have a higher percentage than most other weight lifting athletes but most of their mass is muscle and I cant really recall ever seeing one with full on bitch tits.

In fact, here's a contemporary world champion in the 120kg+ category. Meet Igor Gagin:

I'm not talking about powerlifters I'm talking about strength athletes in general. For every lean one you show me I can show you 20 over the 30% fat mark.

Some of them are genetically gifted and don't get fat even at a huge surplus.

Why do strength athletes prefer a caloric surplus you ask?

Because you get stronger if you eat more (while training, of course).

Nice picture though. Either that girl is very tall or Igor is very short.

There's a difference between adequate nutrition and outright gluttony. 200lbs of fat hanging off your ass is not healthy by anyone's standard.
    I never said it was healthy. I said there were advantages to being huge.

That doesn't mean there aren't any disadvantages.

Why do you keep bringing up "throwing"? This is a thread about the merits of "STRIKING".
    Because the guy I was talking about when I said:

Maybe he wants to be at that weight.

There are advantages to being huge.
    Is Ricardo Blas. A huge Olympic Judoka.

No one smaller than Igor up there would even think of trying to throw that fat #$%&.
    Even Igor is at a 100 Kilo disadvantage.

No, it's not. Morbid obesity is notoriously rough on the knee joints. Hence, weak knees. A great target for STRIKING.
    Maybe it presents long term problems in the knees, sure, but if the surrounding structures are strong enough to stabilize the knee (which happens through training), tell me again how does being heavy make your knees magically weak?

Once again, being fat NOT an advantage. In fact it's a liability.
    I didn't say fat I said huge, which is a combination of fat AND muscle and bone and everything.

That's a BIG "if", Mister. Can't pin if he can't catch. Can't catch because he's at a weight where walking to the fridge is exhausting.
    In Judo you have to clinch before you throw, so he WILL get his hands on you.

If you watch the video, ironically, the guy Ricardo is facing is winded as ****, from dealing with 100 kilos more of human than he weighs.

While our fat boy is relaxed and not tired at all.

Of course not. Cars can't fight back. A toddler with a hammer could beat a stationary car. Being fat has no advantage in this situation either.
    I was joking, bro.

Yeah, in a sport where no one strikes. So how is being a tubby bitch advantageous to striking again?
    I don't know much about striking so I don't want to run my mouth.

But I'd guess that size helps in striking too, because the heavier man is usually stronger. (Butterbean comes to mind, almost 200kg, good fighting record)

All I know is that in Judo it's pretty rough to throw or get out of a pin from someone that weighs even 20 more kilos than you, I can't imagine how difficult it must be to deal with 100 kilos.
    Last edited by Mister; 8/01/2013 7:00am at .