232644 Bullies, 3978 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 341 to 350 of 375
Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253132333435 363738 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Diesel_tke is offline
    Diesel_tke's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    4,005

    Posted On:
    7/31/2013 1:29pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by exposingkfrauds View Post
    If you can close the gap as a grappler, striking really isn't necessary...
    If you can keep the fight standing, grappling really isn't necessary.
    Combatives training log.

    Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

    Drum thread

    Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.
  2. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    8,583

    Posted On:
    7/31/2013 2:13pm

    supporting member
     Style: 

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by exposingkfrauds View Post
    If you can close the gap as a grappler, striking really isn't necessary...
    If this were the case, Royce Gracie would never have learned Muay Thai.

    Oh and this:

  3. Mr. Machette is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,707

    Posted On:
    7/31/2013 2:59pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister View Post
    Maybe he wants to be at that weight.

    There are advantages to being huge.
    Such as?
  4. Permalost is offline
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,683

    Posted On:
    7/31/2013 4:49pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Such as?
    Being underestimated?
  5. Mr. Machette is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,707

    Posted On:
    7/31/2013 4:56pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Being underestimated?
    That works for little guys too.

    I want to know what kind of "unique fighting advantage" a guy gets from being 300lbs overweight.
  6. itwasntme is offline
    itwasntme's Avatar

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    WNC
    Posts
    1,605

    Posted On:
    7/31/2013 7:00pm

    supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    That works for little guys too.

    I want to know what kind of "unique fighting advantage" a guy gets from being 300lbs overweight.
    He knows he's fighting for his life; fight too long, and he risks a heart attack, or seriously injuring a muscle. He's going to be looking to end the fight as quickly and brutally as he can because he knows he has to end it quick.

    Sent from my VS920 4G using Bullshido - No BS MMA mobile app (please send me money)
    Start a training log!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.
  7. Mr. Machette is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,707

    Posted On:
    7/31/2013 7:07pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    He knows he's fighting for his life; fight too long, and he risks a heart attack, or seriously injuring a muscle. He's going to be looking to end the fight as quickly and brutally as he can because he knows he has to end it quick.
    That is sort of my point. Fat-Fuggasaurus is an opponenet you can beat with physical exertion alone. Dance around, make him come after you and watch as gravity and entropy kick his ass while you get some light cardio.

    "Fighting without fighting". Bruce Lee would be proud...
  8. itwasntme is offline
    itwasntme's Avatar

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    WNC
    Posts
    1,605

    Posted On:
    7/31/2013 7:37pm

    supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    That is sort of my point. Fat-Fuggasaurus is an opponenet you can beat with physical exertion alone. Dance around, make him come after you and watch as gravity and entropy kick his ass while you get some light cardio.

    "Fighting without fighting". Bruce Lee would be proud...
    I'm still giving the advantage to the fat guy due to primal instance and adrenaline rush. A morbidly obese man still may be able to rush his opponent.

    How many street fights has Bruce Lee been in with 300 lb overweight men?

    Sent from my VS920 4G using Bullshido - No BS MMA mobile app (please send me money)
    Start a training log!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.
  9. Mr. Machette is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,707

    Posted On:
    7/31/2013 7:45pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    I'm still giving the advantage to the fat guy due to primal instance and adrenaline rush. A morbidly obese man still may be able to rush his opponent.
    And if you're worth half a **** as a stand up fighter you can get out of the way while fatso gasses out trying to catch you.

    So your argument is "fatso has an advatange because he's out of shape that his only option is a hail mary pass of agro rage"?

    So what's to stop a smaller guy from going all out agro?

    You ever been overweight? It is not an advantage to ANY phsyical activity other than cheese rolling.

    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    How many street fights has Bruce Lee been in with 300 lb overweight men?
    **** Bruce Lee. I was just quoting a famous line of his in a movie that matched the sentiment of this conversation.

    How many street fights have you been in with morbidly obese men?
  10. Dork Angel is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Norn Iron
    Posts
    109

    Posted On:
    7/31/2013 7:46pm


     Style: Jujitsu Aikido Bodycombat

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    If this were the case, Royce Gracie would never have learned Muay Thai.

    Oh and this:

    To be fair, Royce took the damage after the ref separated them and stood them up when the fight went into overtime (a first in the UFC at this time). After fighting on the ground for some time he was too tired to be able to dodge as quickly as at the start of the fight when he was able to avoid the strikes and take Shamrock down.

    On the other hand he had thrown a few strikes in the UFC up to this though mainly as a set-up to keep his opponent wary and I think he won one fight using an early version of ground and pound - or was it more arm pin and punch ;)

    I agree with the point though as the phrase "if you can close the distance" also implies the possibility of "if you can't close the distance"...
    Last edited by Dork Angel; 7/31/2013 7:48pm at . Reason: expanded

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.