Page 19 of 38 First ... 915161718192021222329 ... Last
  1. #181

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ecuador
    Posts
    1,565
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Super8astard View Post
    lol, makes me feel slightly less embarassed about it.
    If it makes you feel any better, I managed to dump myself with my opponent landing on my head in Judo last week.

    Its just not meant to work like that.

  2. #182
    ermghoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    2,775
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Juggernoob View Post
    Amazing.

    I thought the chokee was setting up a slam, why did/could he not finish it? No head-first drops in the ruleset?

  3. #183

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ecuador
    Posts
    1,565
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    Amazing.

    I thought the chokee was setting up a slam, why did/could he not finish it? No head-first drops in the ruleset?
    Because there was an ever dwindling supply of oxygen reaching his brain. The full weight of the choker was on his neck, so it was even stronger that your garden variety triangle.

    I know its hard to see, but as soon as he stands fully up to his feet after picking him up, the choke is on fully.

  4. #184
    ermghoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    2,775
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Juggernoob View Post
    Because there was an ever dwindling supply of oxygen reaching his brain. The full weight of the choker was on his neck, so it was even stronger that your garden variety triangle.

    I know its hard to see, but as soon as he stands fully up to his feet after picking him up, the choke is on fully.
    Ah. I saw the choke when the chokee stood up, must've been dug in better than I thought.

  5. #185

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ecuador
    Posts
    1,565
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    Ah. I saw the choke when the chokee stood up, must've been dug in better than I thought.
    The angles are funny. He's actually got his neck compressed against his own shoulder, you just cant see it well until he drops.

  6. #186

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    518
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    also the gable grip at the groin prevents a ton of movement/gives control to the choker.

  7. #187
    Diesel_tke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    4,005
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like how this thread about striking turned into an in depth discussion about grips and grappling techniques!!
    Combatives training log.

    Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

    Drum thread

    Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

  8. #188

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ecuador
    Posts
    1,565
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    I like how this thread about striking turned into an in depth discussion about grips and grappling techniques!!
    Post up some epic grappling. Contribute to the takeover.

  9. #189

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bhudda Indiana
    Posts
    903
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Juggernoob View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, I managed to dump myself with my opponent landing on my head in Judo last week.

    Its just not meant to work like that.
    Funny how things can take such a drastic wrong turn ain't it?

    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    Amazing.

    I thought the chokee was setting up a slam, why did/could he not finish it? No head-first drops in the ruleset?
    It's like being hanged in reverse. I doubt he was thinking anything.

  10. #190
    crappler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,747
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!


    The "Von Flue"
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Page 19 of 38 First ... 915161718192021222329 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO