Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2011 12:31am

Style: Issh"i"nryu fixed....

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Juggernoob View Post
    You know mentioning professional wrestling and BJJ in a comparative sense is a crime punishable by hanging right?
    So is that the situation needed to pull it off then?

And yeah, wouldn't have gone there on the grappling board. Just testing the YMAS boundries.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2011 12:39am

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I imagine the tarantula is more suited to humiliating someone while near a fence maybe. Not sure how, seeing as there is no way it would actually hurt, but you get the drift.

Posted On:
    9/23/2011 12:45am

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Super8astard View Post
    How serious would the situation have to be to pull off Tajiri's Tarantula?
    Well, I believe it works opposite for pro wrestling moves. The less serious the situation the more fancy the move but that's just hollywood. This is BJJ, the real world, everyone knows serious situations call for fancy moves just ask troyb78 he apparently knows everything about BJJ.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2011 12:52am

Style: Issh"i"nryu fixed....

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I imagine the tarantula is more suited to humiliating someone while near a fence maybe. Not sure how, seeing as there is no way it would actually hurt, but you get the drift.
    I don't know man... If I got put in one the hurting on my pride would definately be felt physically.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2011 8:13pm

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How so?
    Pinned up aggression.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2011 8:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorekara View Post
    Pinned up aggression.
    Virgin rage?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2011 8:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by troyb78 View Post
    The time it takes to set up a submission is what I'm taking about. Judo may be a little different than BJJ in a self defence situation I guess. Judo guys seem to throw then crank/ break whatever is there to take (Hapkido has similar grappling principals), rather than going through the long process of setting up a submission, hence making it more fight effective when things turn crap. (multiple opponents).
    I think you may be misinterpreting here. Long submission set up is only valid is well matched competition, it becomes like chess, trying to interpret and plan ahead to fool your opponent into falling into your trap or taking bait. Just because BJJ can be like this does not mean that a RNC cant be snapped on in a second on an untrained aggressor. I would go so far as to say that unless the attacker had grappling experience a quick choke out is the most likely outcome.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2011 9:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good example. Point taken Juggernoob. I still think going to the ground is a bad idea if you don't need to, or if you do end up on the ground, you should employ "dirty grappling" to help get back onto your feet. Please understand I am purely referring to non sport fighting where striking and good knowledge and training in all ranges of combat is critical. Oh yeah Jspeedy if you are there and not squeezing youself right now, I've just looked at all my previous posts and can't seem to find where I claim to know everthing about BJJ?
    In a one on one situation I think going to ground can be a safe zone, as such. However, one on one fights are a rare luxury these days. In that situation, if you're a slow fucker like me, all you can hope for is a wall behind you, a good guard, and a bunch of glass jawed kids.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2011 9:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another good point Juggernoob. Yeah, I'm 100% sure I would get twisted up like a pretzel if going one on one with a good Judo or BJJ fighter.
    That there is irrelevant (In the nicest way possible), because they are'nt the kind of people likely to attack you in the street now are they. We're not talking style vs style here.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2011 9:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No we're not talking style vs style (although the topic is the relevance of striking vs grappling). I don't think it's safe to assume who would, or would not attack you in the street.
    Im not working with assumptions, just whats likely. There arnt a lot of places that teach BJJ in my area. So if someone attacked me with it, i'd only have 3 people to contact to find out who.

Im no one to judge, but from what people tell me, im not someone you would easily start a fight with.