Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    9/07/2011 3:22pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's why I never wash any of my gear. Keeps people from borrowing it.

Also, everyone knows that girls can only use pink equipment. Otherwise they can't reach their full potential of boxercising power.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    9/07/2011 4:17pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Also, everyone knows that girls can only use pink equipment. Otherwise they can't reach their full potential of boxercising power.
    Women, the natural gatherers of humanity, engrained to seek the color of ripe berries, while men, the hunters, prefer a red glove, the color of fresh meat. Its practically science!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2011 4:35pm

Style: Boxing and No Gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/26...boxing-gloves/
    "...as men's and women's hands are inherently different, so are men's and women's boxing gloves..."

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/26...#ixzz1XIxxhKGg

http://ezinearticles.com/?A-Users-Gu...ves&id=6289242
    "simply because women tend to have smaller and slimmer hands that sustain more damage than larger male hands"

...but I don't like pink.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    9/07/2011 4:53pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    women like to match.
    try it sometime, heathen.

as for the Livestrong article.....generally speaking the lighter the weight gloves (8oz) the smaller the glove will usually be. Some brands of gloves will have different sizes per weight, I think Ringside does on some of their gear, but usually you will select the glove based on weight.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    9/07/2011 4:59pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Katriona1992 View Post
    "simply because women tend to have smaller and slimmer hands that sustain more damage than larger male hands"
    Isn't that more of an endorsement for bigger gloves, rather than a lighter weight women's boxing glove?

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    9/07/2011 6:13pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Isn't that more of an endorsement for bigger gloves, rather than a lighter weight women's boxing glove?
    if the hands aren't wrapped properly (which is usually the case unless you are a pro at wrapping or have someone who knows wtf they are doing) the hand can 'rattle around'* in the glove a bit and increase the chance for small bone breaks or fractures or wrist problems

*not really a good description, but the only one I could think of off-hand.

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    9/08/2011 12:17am

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Form-fitting stuff (gis, rashguards, shorts, etc...) should be tailored to different body shapes on the parts of the bodies that are the most different (hips, waist, chest, shoulders, legs). It is a travesty that female-cut gis have only become prevalent in the past 3-4 years.

Stuff like gloves, shin guards, knee pads, etc.. which go on parts of the body that are similarly proportioned/shaped between the genders don't need that tailor fit. The built-in adjustments (straps, elastic) will accommodate the minor differences in anatomy. If it doesn't, try a different brand/style. I went through 7-8 different sets of gloves until I found one that had enough room in the fingerbox but wasn't overly loose around my knuckles.

As Snake mentioned, if your hands are still rattling around, be sure to wrap them properly and possibly use some longer wraps. I just don't see how "female shaped gloves" are a "necessity".

Posted On:
    9/08/2011 12:53am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sometimes I like to **** around with punctuation in headings. For example:

So, do any ladies here?

Has the potential for an awesome thread.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2011 5:19am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate pink.

You know what the biggest difference is? It's the same thing for most products that are supposedly designed especially for a woman, from a normal shapeless t-shirt to a pink disposable razor blade- the price markup. They tend to cost more. Often a lot more. Otherwise it's bullshit.

Except for dogis designed to fit the female form... only... guess what? They also cost a lot more! And really they are not more difficult for the factory machines to make. But they can get away with charging more, so why not?

I admit that, being a short fattie woman with a 12 inch difference between waist and hips and waist and bust, I do not fit in a dogi properly at all, as it is designed for a slender, fit man and the scaling up in size is really just for a taller man who is still at least somewhat slender for his size. It's bullshit though that even a cheap uniform that's for women, which doesn't even have different pants as far as I can recall, costs $30 more. Bullshit. With that markup, my Shihan can just deal with storming up and jerking my gi top closed from time to time. :p

Posted On:
    9/08/2011 8:15am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well i don't want to sound chauvinistic, but what the **** are they doing boxing in the first place? it's less shaping than kickboxing.. and you have a greater chance to break your nose..
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast