Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2011 12:31am

Style: muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ottawa Bullshido??

teaches ninjutsu, served in French Foreign Legion, spelled it 'tai-boxing'. I dunno. That's all imma say. I dunno....

http://www.warriorfit.ca/martial-arts/
    Last edited by justsome; 9/07/2011 12:32am at . Reason: bad spelling. sorry

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2011 5:49am

Style: BJJ, Boxing, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    youve got a hundred posts. By now you should know you should've done a little more research before 'calling him out' or whatever this kind of post is.

Especially since you don't actually list a complaint except that you 'dunno'.

It looks ****, Ninjitsu and stuff, but a lot of schools do some weird **** to cover the bills.

What is your gripe with this school?

edit: Actually the guy is a foreign French legion guy, who really does not make very outlandish claims at all. He teaches strength and conditioning and other military like ****, as well as some martial arts for which he lists reasonable experience.

The only thing that confuses me is that he teaches Ninjitsu instead of BJJ, since he's a purple in that he should probably realize what the 'real' fighting system is. But that is entirely up to him I guess.
    Last edited by Syphilis; 9/07/2011 5:54am at . Reason: read the website more

Posted On:
    9/07/2011 8:36am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've seen this guy's posters around before. I just figured that he felt he could make more money off the ninjerism than BJJ.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2011 8:42am

Style: Muay Thai / Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I inquired a while back about his school. He said he's a purple belt in BJJ which he got in one year. Sounds fishy to me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2011 9:34am

Style: Holiday Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If Slobodan "Solomon Ostojic" is the same chap then he is listed as a BJJ purple for Alliance under an Ismael Souza.

Only did a Google translate of the page so if someone with some proper language skills can take a look, then that would be helpful.

Sherdog lists Ismael Souza here.

Posted On:
    9/07/2011 10:15am

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    after attaining the same level of indifference, I dunno either. I just dunno and doncare and wonno and woncare. This investigation is very unfulfilling.

Posted On:
    9/07/2011 11:51am

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was surprised to see the school actually appears legit. I also wonder why he teaches ninjitsu when he's a bjj purple. The fact someone mentioned that he got his purple within a year is also a little alarming, but maybe the guy has trained grappling for years before formally testing.

Still, if I had a friend who wanted some basic self defense skills and wanted to take up MA as a hobby, I don't think i'd tell them not to check out the school. I might give them a little schpeal about ninjitusu so they don't get fooled into believing they're learning a centuries old art but the school looks okay.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2011 11:56am

Style: muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry , Syph et' al. no gripe really. And my apologies if I posted in the wrong forum. The 'finding a good martial arts school' and a link to this came to me on the same day.
    Last edited by justsome; 9/07/2011 12:07pm at . Reason: i'm a dope

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2012 10:50am

Style: It's complicated.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Found this thread when search for new Ottawa-related threads. I know it's not new but I figured I'd chime in anyways.

I saw this school's eye-catching posters when they were plastered all over downtown Ottawa. Out of curiosity, I contacted the school to find out where they train and how much it costs. The person who replied said that they train mostly outdoors and said it would cost something ridiculous like 300$/month. EEP. No thanks.