Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/07/2011 11:38pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope to see Velasquez using his wrestling for this match. I have confidence that he can land the takedowns. My prediction is a Decision victory for Brown Pride.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2011 12:41am

Style: Watching from the stands

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm picking Dos Santos. I think he'll be able to keep the fight standing up long enough to outbox Cain.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    11/08/2011 4:00am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cain has power but JDS is faster with better footwork.

Cain has better wrestling and JDS has better Jiu-Jitsu (he has a brown belt under Nog).

I love both fighters but Cigano has been my favourite since I saw him KO Werdum years ago. I knew then he'd be a champ one day.

I can't even describe how much I love this fight. Both guys are at their prime and are very well-rounded. what makes this even better is that they are both excellent representatives for the sport. This takes the bravado and bullshit that goes with so many fighters and hucks it out the window, and what we are left with is going to be an awesome fight.

I think they are going to fight more than once in their careers. Their fights are going to be things of legend.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/09/2011 3:05am

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing, nogiJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elipson View Post
    I can't even describe how much I love this fight. Both guys are at their prime and are very well-rounded. what makes this even better is that they are both excellent representatives for the sport. This takes the bravado and bullshit that goes with so many fighters and hucks it out the window, and what we are left with is going to be an awesome fight.

I think they are going to fight more than once in their careers. Their fights are going to be things of legend.
    Co-sign on this. While I'm rooting for Cain in this one, I think they are both professionals in every sense of the word and either person winning the championship is a win for the sport. All of the press stuff up to this point has been nothing but the two showing the utmost respect for each other and the sport as a whole.

Also, the two are just fucking amazing fighters.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/09/2011 3:33am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    JDS and his uppercuts will take it, I hope. I like Cain, but JDS is probably my favorite heavy weight. Haven't seen JDS on the ground much, it'd be interesting to see how his BJJ would hold up against Cain's wrestling.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/09/2011 3:52pm

Style: EBMAS\52 Blocks

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cain by strikes in the second round. JDS is expecting a wrestling match & will be caught out there.

Posted On:
    11/09/2011 4:03pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like Velasquez, but I've been on Dos Santos' nuts since he started in the UFC, and I can't really bring myself to get off them now. I'm expecting a killer fight one way or the other, but I'm going with JDS by knockout.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    11/13/2011 8:23am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    JDS cause Striking > Wrestling nyaaaaaa
    Waahaaaaaaaa

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12