Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2011 12:10am

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

What is your hygiene routine ?

I mean besides the usual bar of soap, shampoo and triming nails. Search-function failed me with finding a recommendation thread.

Are there any special anti-something soap or tips you use after gym workouts or striking/grappling ?

I came down with Tinea Versicolor which i have mistaken for regular rash and just used soap, water and time. Now i got prescribed 2 tablets to take at once, drink lots of orange juice and sweat as much as possible for 2 days.

Also, this thing to use everyday for as long as it takes to get rid of it after shower, which confuses me because it seems to be a shampoo and not a lotion, and why after ? (weird GP)

So now i plan to incorporate this 2 times a week even after i am cured, i also brush my mouthguard with toothpaste and rinse, then brush it again and leave overnight before rinsing again.

I use rubbing alcohol on my gloves every few weeks, which i think i should do more often.

Any other tips or things you do ?

Posted On:
    7/06/2011 12:14am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I use Defense Soap, mentioned in this thread here: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=105072

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    7/06/2011 1:20am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rubbing alcohol (or some other sterilizing agent) for open wounds/matt burn after training.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2011 3:11am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Liquid bandage to keep minor wounds closed.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/06/2011 5:31am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Detol soap has served me well thus far.
    I shower with it before and after training.
    King without a crown

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2011 8:40am

Style: Delusion

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Preventive measures are still better than most cures. Put alcohol where there are rashes and scratches, bathing after working out and regularly clean workout paraphernelia.

Airing out and disinfecting handwraps, boxing gloves, weightlifting gloves etc., goes a long way to preventing diseases that commonly ail dudes that work out.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    7/06/2011 9:11am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like the Lamisil spray in the aerosol can. That **** kills any kind of fungus. It's supposed to be for athlete's foot, but it works anywhere on the body. It knocks out ringworm, jock itch, you name it. Good stuff. Just keep it out of your eyes and wash your hands after use.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2011 12:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    " I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion. "

Guess who?

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    7/06/2011 12:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayvmann View Post
    " I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion. "

Guess who?
    Ha! I was watching American Psycho just last night.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/08/2011 1:25am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    liquid bandages are awesome, but hard to get in Oz. I am also a big fan of tea tree oil soap, I have not had any skin issues since making the switch.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast