Posted On:
    12/27/2009 2:47pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

edited

edited
    Last edited by stinkfistt; 1/03/2010 2:12pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2009 3:45pm

Style: Shotokan & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That sounds really lame.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    12/27/2009 6:56pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, doesn't sound so great, but the head instructor checks out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/02/2010 10:16pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NOT TRUE!!
    I have been with kioto since 2001 and milton regis the head instructor at the sayville location is the best bjj coach i have ever trained under.
    yes i will agree the prices are not cheap,you get what you pay for!
    Show me another third degree black belt that charges less. So all you are left are purple and browns and 4 other first degree bb's on long island that call themselves instructors.

As far as the mma goes its only an extra $30 a month for 16 classes a month.

I know who wrote this kioto review and understand you feelings towards the pricing and belt promotion fees but to attack the school where you have been training at for the last 4 years is not an honorable thing to do.Kioto is responsible for the technique you have now and just because now all of a sudden you dont like the price policy's does not give you the right to attack them in a public forum.

Good luck at your new academy!

Posted On:
    1/03/2010 12:52am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Which part isn't true? Are the classes 45 minutes? Does it cost 210 a month? Is there only one open mat a week? If it is that much more more expensive and its in fact "worth it" then the students should be WTFPWNing people at competitions, is that what's happening?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/03/2010 10:52am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The classes do range from $160 a month to $210. for the absolute beginner there is a class that is 45 min but after a little while he can come to the all levels classes that are offered everyday and can run one hour to an hour and 15 minutes long. The open mat is on Sundays and can run up to two hours long.
    as far as the students go they are very well trained, we have had pan-am winners among many others kioto students do very well at competitions and the school holds tournaments regularly.

The school is not cheap but like i said you get what you pay for.

And the instructor does not hold back techniques as stated by the person who wrote the review

Posted On:
    1/03/2010 12:36pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    edited
    Last edited by stinkfistt; 1/03/2010 2:10pm at .

Posted On:
    4/23/2011 12:14am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it true that Kioto bjj in Sayville charges $210 a month to train bjj or has the price gone up since this thread in 2010? I live nearby and was thinking of checking it out. But, it seems a little out of my budget as my wife and I are saving for a house and we'll be having a baby soon.
    Last edited by Inspired; 4/23/2011 12:31am at .

Posted On:
    8/19/2011 6:13pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I went here and is was costly. I tried other places that I liked, but actually missed the way it was structured at Kioto. Since I'm a family guy, I can only devote about an hour a night two times a week, so having the shorter classes with the option of staying for a second class worked for me. The sessions may be short, but run back to back so you can stay for one session consisting of warmup, technique and training or continue through a second class. Other places with longer sessions do a warm-up, then learn several techniques, and don't start training until an hour and a half or more into the session and since I'm not one of those guys who can live at the dojo I found I had to leave without being able to train enough. I am thinking about returning to Kioto but only doing the 2x a week plan for less money.

Posted On:
    9/05/2011 1:39pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by d_rock View Post
    I went here and is was costly. I tried other places that I liked, but actually missed the way it was structured at Kioto. Since I'm a family guy, I can only devote about an hour a night two times a week, so having the shorter classes with the option of staying for a second class worked for me. The sessions may be short, but run back to back so you can stay for one session consisting of warmup, technique and training or continue through a second class. Other places with longer sessions do a warm-up, then learn several techniques, and don't start training until an hour and a half or more into the session and since I'm not one of those guys who can live at the dojo I found I had to leave without being able to train enough. I am thinking about returning to Kioto but only doing the 2x a week plan for less money.
    Does $160 a month for two 45 minute classes a week sound appropriate for a beginner? Also, are 1 year contracts the only option at otherl bjj places?
    Last edited by Inspired; 9/05/2011 1:45pm at .