Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/05/2007 12:15pm

Style: booj killing.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

zomg, karate that offer MMA too?

would like everyone to check this out, tell me if its legit or not, cuase im not really sure!!!
    give me some feedback!!!!

http://www.rapideskarate.com/

Posted On:
    12/05/2007 1:37pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SIFT MMA?

I see no mention of grappling credentials or MMA in the instructor's profiles. Interesting how the head instructor is a male, and the rest of the 2-3rd Dans are all females.

You should probably call them to find out what is going on. It could very well be there is a guest instructor that comes in.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2007 9:14pm

Style: WHKD & Doce Pares

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Couple things that I would have to question:

1) Ages of the female instructors. I always have to wonder about 2nd & 3rd degrees in their late teens. (Not that it isn't possible but 4 in one school?)

2) Not that this has any bearing on anything but check out the name of the Soke. (Karl Marx.. LOL)

Monkey Knife Fight!

Posted On:
    12/08/2007 11:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Karate for Christ

Quote Originally Posted by www.rapidskarate.com
    The style name "Keichu Ryu" translates as "the art of devoting oneself entirely." Keichu students have always known that dedication is the key to success in any endeavor. Mr. Marx, as head of the Keichu family, instructs that this devotion has a higher level. His California dojo is used as a Christian outreach ministry. His students are trained as good karateka, and hear the message of the Gospel.

At the Rapides School of Keichu Ryu Karate, we are not ashamed of the the gospel of Jesus Christ. While we gladly teach students of all faiths, it is our prayer that all will come to know the Peace of Christ.
    Pretty much tells you everything you need to know about this school.:pottytrai

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    12/09/2007 2:56am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There was a long thread about that style a while back:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...ghlight=keichu

Posted On:
    1/11/2008 7:54pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is becoming more common MMA is the new ninjutsu its being used as a buzzword to get more money for some guy who read a Gracie book on BJJ. That dojo looks kind of shady so that's likely. On the other hand the MMA instructor might be legit but can't start his own gym and and is using the dojo to start out and get students.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2008 12:27am

Style: MMA, BJJ, CMD, TKD, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some are real, most aren't. It should be pretty easy to tell by the instructor qualifications listed.
    Like my BJJ instructor is a Gracie Barra (purple 3), MT trained with Master Toddy, boxing is amateur golden gloves 4 years, wrestling is grade-college wrestler etc etc.
    But, if it's like "We have great MMA classes too!" but no listed qualifications? Um, red flag.

Posted On:
    8/29/2011 5:30pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see that its an old thread but I am going to bump it just in case anyone is wondering. This gym is a complete JOKE both in their MMA / BJJ or lack their of and in their Karate.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    8/29/2011 7:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Usually we chastise necroing with out adding anything of substance in a thread. So please share exactly why you say they are a joke. I think most people came to that conclusion on their own but if you have first hand info then that would be better.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    8/30/2011 2:13pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Be especially suspicious if the Dojos have names that include "Joslin" or "Machida". Definitely no MMA cred there.